COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Cordova Dragway Park, IL: Test and Tune Sunday Sept. 9th
Cordova Dragway Park, IL: Day one, Monday Sept. 10th
Cedar Falls Raceway, IA: Day two, Tuesday Sept. 11th
Rock Falls Raceway, WI: – Day three, Wednesday Sept. 12th
Great Lakes Dragway, WI: Day four, Thursday Sept. 13th
Cordova Dragway Park, IL: Day five, Friday Sept. 14th

I think this would be a great place for all the daily drivers that make all the big power?

its fun beating a $200,000 car with a 200,000 mile pickup

We have been shooting the update on Project X Diesel this week, and it looks like this truck is going to get a lot faster, and quicker. The Texas Mile is coming up in March and, I will be there. With out the roll cage it’s only legal to 174 mph, we believe the truck is easily capable of 185 plus. The Gear Vendor over drive install is going smoothly, should be finished Friday, when the rest of the parts arrive. Charlie Stewart is putting the finishing touches on one of his Sheet metal 9 inch ford rear ends. This will give us the selection of Ratio’s for drag racing, and high speed events. We have ratios on hand from 2.49 to 5.50, starting out with a 4.33 or 4.56 gear in the rear for drag racing.

The new Banks Technacooler is installed with the NX nozzles in place along the inlet side per Dennis Perrys advice, along with the Banks Six gun PDA, stacked with a TS MP8.
Brady from Industrial Injections is coming out next Week to supervise changing the pump and injectors to the latest version of his stage III CP3 pump, the truck currently has a stage I CP3. The new nozzles of his are really raising the bar in CR hp. The dealer ship is already planning on putting some of his newest 6.7 Cummins tips on several trucks going to a customer that buys 10 trucks a year.. He has at least 5 07 5.9s with them and the new stuff is strong and clean. Brady is training several of the techs to change tips correctly

Attachments

• X racing GT.jpg
    X racing GT.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
they raised the mph to 185 now with out a roll bar. i watched a guy in a stone stock ford gt run through at 188 last year. he made it through a few times before they popped him for no cage. but they have since raised the limit. check it out, www.texasmile.com

It looks like they changed it again, to 190 mph the 185 was in pink, and then later today it changed to 190. We just found the tire with sufficient load rating and a speed rating , The truck is looking really great , with half ton front , we are waiting on new 6 piston front brakes and the 4 piston rear for the 9 inch. The tire is a Nitto Invo 255 ZR 45 20

what happened to the no cage rule of only going 11.50?
how do you find out the rules and classes for drag week?

this is one of the rearend s for a four link, the one for Project X is wider with out the brackets

Last edited:
Finally an event close enough to attend. Ill be there with my DD.

That rear looks great, for a 9". What are you going to do for a track bar, or I should say. How will it be set up? I have given this some serious thought myself. I was also thinking 4 link and bags, but space for a track bar is so limmited....

Ps Thanks again for the studs COMP461.......Jay.....

THe new rear is going to use the stock leaf springs and Cal Tracks . I just wen yeaster day to get the materal for the axle tubes , 3.5 inch X .250 wall, way over kill.

Back