Super Street Rules ??

Toolman

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I was killing some time this weekend and decided to go back and watch some videos of this years World Finals When I was watching the Super Street class I noticed that Pat Liskey was running a fender stack on his truck. Have the rules changed ? Are Fender Stack and Hood Stacks going to be allowed now in Super Street ?

I thought that there might have been a revision to the rules sometime that I hadn't heard about . I have been racing in the Pro Street class for the last few years because of the stack but if this is the rules now. I would probably drop back into Super Street where I could be more competitive at my weight.

Ya I was kind of bent about that as well. I changed everything over to be legal only to see that happen. I brought it up to Randy and he said hood stacks will be legal for next year.

The few passes I saw of that truck earlier in the season, it wasn't fast enough to be a finals threat anyway, maybe that's why Randy let it make a few runs although it was technically not legal for the class. Regardless, if I was the guy that got knocked out by Pat and he had an illegal exhaust, I would have been upset for a little while too. Not that I think the hood stack is a big advantage, just that rules should apply to everyone equally.

I don't see a hood stack being an advantage. The only reason I run one is to save weight. I figure with my quad cab truck it saves me from 100 - 150 # from running a bed stack. My truck is already weighing in at 6500 so I figured I need as much weight savings as I could get. I think the weight limit of 6000 and running stock suspension on the back of the trucks are the equalizing points of the rules anyway.

I don't see a hood stack being an advantage. The only reason I run one is to save weight. I figure with my quad cab truck it saves me from 100 - 150 # from running a bed stack. My truck is already weighing in at 6500 so I figured I need as much weight savings as I could get. I think the weight limit of 6000 and running stock suspension on the back of the trucks are the equalizing points of the rules anyway.

I agree.

Hopefully the online rules link will soon be changed to match, if the change is true. As of when my post was made, it was still prohibited.

The DOT tire rule slips thru the cracks for a few teams past 2 texas races we have been too but where not competitive so really didnt matter for me to even mention it at the time.

Even though we make the 6000lbs now with a crew cab truck, I would still happily move the weight around and ditch the exhaust for a hood stack. Just way more convenient to work on.

Even though we make the 6000lbs now with a crew cab truck, I would still happily move the weight around and ditch the exhaust for a hood stack. Just way more convenient to work on.

Yes it is . I can change my turbo out in about 10 min.

The few passes I saw of that truck earlier in the season, it wasn't fast enough to be a finals threat anyway, maybe that's why Randy let it make a few runs although it was technically not legal for the class. Regardless, if I was the guy that got knocked out by Pat and he had an illegal exhaust, I would have been upset for a little while too. Not that I think the hood stack is a big advantage, just that rules should apply to everyone equally.
That doesn't matter. If he's not a threat in SS then he could go run PS and not be a threat there and be legal. Point is rules are rules. I personally thrashed to get mine changed over to a bed stack just for nhrda. Been nice to know if i could have saved my time and money... I would have never said anything whether I won or lost to the guy. It's not a performance thing. Its a rule. And it's up to the organization to follow their rules.

I agree as well

There is zero weight gain from that truck running that setup due to the fact that we have 4 turbos under the hood. The weight gains are non existing with the added weight of turbos. He was just for fun and wouldn't have cared less getting Dq'd for the stacks but he didn't have to pay his entry for the class. So if the rules change good if not the truck will probably run a different class.

There is zero weight gain from that truck running that setup due to the fact that we have 4 turbos under the hood. The weight gains are non existing with the added weight of turbos. He was just for fun and wouldn't have cared less getting Dq'd for the stacks but he didn't have to pay his entry for the class. So if the rules change good if not the truck will probably run a different class.

Why? The 4 turbos part.

It made 1400HP on fuel on my dyno and is a rig that is on the street much more than the strip. I'm sure the real reason is, someone told Pat he couldn't do it.

I wasn't doubting it makes plenty of power. I was more or less asking why use 4 turbos and take the added weight, when you can get the job done with any number of turbos under 4. Your last sentence explains it, doesn't always have to make sense if you're out to make a point.

Back