Lowering my truck

jake2001

Was looking around the drag racing forum and seen a guy who put coils in his truck and what I'm wondering is How would I mount the coils for the rear end? Also I believe that he took all the rear springs out except one and left the blocks in. Has anyone ever lowered their truck if so could you possibly give me pictures or ideas on how you did it?

I did a rear flip kit and c notch. I think im gonna re do it and make my own c notch like the shortbed guy.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
I wouldn't take the springs out I would do a lowering kit from belltech or bend the springs you have now.

I removed the block and helpers I left the pack alone . Sounds like you want lower than that . View attachment 60542

I really like the way your truck sits. I just don't want to have to jump up in every time I get in the truck. Meatball all you did was take the blocks and helpers out? does the truck sit level?

Last edited:
I really like the way your truck sits. I just don't want to have to jump up in every time I get in the truck. Meatball all you did was take the blocks and helpers out? does the truck sit level?

In the front I'm running common rail springs with 1 coil cut . It's close to level but I need to come down in the front a little bit more to be perfect.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277959.158513.jpg

In the front I'm running common rail springs with 1 coil cut . It's close to level but I need to come down in the front a little bit more to be perfect.
View attachment 60546

I take it, you're a 4x4, how much do you think it helped overall? Also, I've seen guys take out the shock tower and using one that was flush w/ the fender well and using a 2wd shock. If you know about this, does it actually help?

Back