Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Chassis, Suspension and Driveline
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #41
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitchDigger View Post
Yeah, aww it'll be alright, they'll never tear it apart themselves and look at it. You got screwed bro, and I'm sorry to say that.... SO, with that being said, who's the culprit of these "actions"???
People have no idea how much this is done. It gets done on more than transmissions also.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #42
bpcheramie

Name: bpcheramie
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I have just two questions.

1: Has he stepped up to get this problem fixed?

2: How long did you wait before you went and post this out on the fourms?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #43
Black04Ram

Name: Black04Ram
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Wow... that sucks man.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #44
lextalionis

Name: lextalionis
Title: user friendly
Member`s Gallery
ok well the thing is Its not David I was after as he has seemed to be a good dude. After talking with him again it turns out both builds involved his old transmission guy!! He has now offered to give me the build I originally paid for

The frustration over the last few weeks had got the best of me, so I will say I am sorry for bringing the business name in like I did.

As I said, when that much hard earned money turns out like that had masked me. although I am still disappointed, it is NOT Davids fault, rather an ex-transmission builder who seemed to have done some shady work.

Just wanted to clear it up.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #45
irontx25

Name: irontx25
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextalionis View Post
ok well the thing is Its not David I was after as he has seemed to be a good dude. After talking with him again it turns out both builds involved his old transmission guy!! He has now offered to give me the build I originally paid for

The frustration over the last few weeks had got the best of me, so I will say I am sorry for bringing the business name in like I did.

As I said, when that much hard earned money turns out like that had masked me. although I am still disappointed, it is NOT Davids fault, rather an ex-transmission builder who seemed to have done some shady work.

A bunch of these

Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #46
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextalionis View Post

Very nice dude!!!! Now we just need to know who the transmission builder was.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #47
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Member`s Gallery
Sorry to disappoint some of you ladies, but he has been taken care of.(out of courtesy), at least the offer was made.
The burned up trans is from lack of lube flow somewhere not from the parts installed, that said a billet servo and billet apply lever,strut anchor do not appear to have made it in the trans although the parts were supplied to the builder(of which I know longer use).
Yes, there is another side to the story but airing it does not help either party, it was not a 5000.00 transmission, it was a 2470.00 transmission, problems with his truck caused the early failure. I am willing to fix it solely on the basis that said billet parts were supposedly not in transmission.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #48
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
What should have been put in under the clause of "built performance transmission"? More clutches, billet anything, etc?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #49
LAmiller

Name: LAmiller
Title: THE KT-BOUNDARY
Member`s Gallery
I've been shocked at what I've found inside of $5k+ "built" transmissions from popular shops.

Lavon
http://www.shop.firepunk.com

Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #50
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
Sorry to disappoint some of you ladies, but he has been taken care of.(out of courtesy), at least the offer was made.
The burned up trans is from lack of lube flow somewhere not from the parts installed, that said a billet servo and billet apply lever,strut anchor do not appear to have made it in the trans although the parts were supplied to the builder(of which I know longer use).
Yes, there is another side to the story but airing it does not help either party, it was not a 5000.00 transmission, it was a 2470.00 transmission, problems with his truck caused the early failure. I am willing to fix it solely on the basis that said billet parts were supposedly not in transmission.
As long as you as a business have aleviated the problem of poor subcontractors I'm good. Because my opinion means sooo much.

Seriously though, I think that is all that is really important, to weed out the ones that are causing all these issues in the first place.

I now feel worse for you than the OP though.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #51
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
I had my tranny built originally at one shop. Everything minus billet shafts. Went to have billet shafts installed at a different shop due to location and pricing. Build had a year on it. The new shop called me and asked if I had any issues with OD and I said no why. He said the clutches he pulled out of the OD drum (which I had the upgraded 6 clutch setup) were all burnt up and he couldn't figure out why because they were all shimmed properly. The reason I took it to be built originally was because it was slipping bad in OD. Also come to find out that the original shop had already installed the billet accumulator and servo yet was going to charge me for them. Needless to say I don't recommend him anymore.

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower

Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #52
Timebomb

Name: Timebomb
Title: Bootney Lee Fonsworth
Member`s Gallery
Think Ill build my own when the time comes...

Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #53
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
time bomb transmissions doesn't sound any better

i'd stick with cooper tuned
CompD Mobile Device

Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #54
Powerstroked162

Name: Powerstroked162
Title: General Disarray
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
Pretty sure his trans work is done by others. Never heard of him ripping people off. Unless you count his horsepower claims
Right

Last edited by Powerstroked162; 09-15-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #55
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Forgot all about that.....

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #56
Big Blue24

Name: Big Blue24
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post

I totally agree, it looks like some idiot installed the forward clutch belleville spring backwards, just look at the wear marks on the backside from it rubbing on the forward aluminum planet. When that spring is installed backwards, the piston is allowed to overextend to where the outer seal rides out onto the tapered bore which quickly causes a lack to lube everywhere.
OEM 12v Block

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #57
lextalionis

Name: lextalionis
Title: user friendly
Member`s Gallery
Makes sense, the grooves in the belville are pretty deep and the "wavy" snap ring and solid snap ring on the overdrive unit were in the wrong order as well... I guess there is a reason he is no longer building Davids transmissions!

Closed Thread