New here. Cummins questions.

Eduardom268

Hello guys. I'm new here. I've been reading through some postings. I see a lot of knowledge here. I own a 3406e cat, a n14 celect plus Cummins, and a most recent addition of a 350 Cummins big cam. I have a lot of questions on this big cam motor. I've driven them before, but have never owned one. I would like to get as much horsepower as I can from this engine. I'll be getting it in about 2 weeks. Trying to make a plan ,so when I get it I can start the project. This site seemed to be the best to get started with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. I'll be checking smokincat's thread. Hahaha... "Couldn't resist"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

What is the big cam in? A toy or a work truck?
The big cam is in a 1983 international cab over. I'll be using it mostly for a work truck. But might consider using it as a toy once in a while!

Well, I'll be picking my truck up this week. And from there I'll see what all I need to do to it. I'm hoping to get the max hp out of this big cam engine. I'll probably start with the injectors and go from there.

First things first, get a pyrometer and ensure the water temp gauge is working correctly.

There is enough in the factory injectors with the wrong pump setup and driver error to burn the melt the motor down. If its going to work all you'll really need is some minor pump work.

First things first, get a pyrometer and ensure the water temp gauge is working correctly.

There is enough in the factory injectors with the wrong pump setup and driver error to burn the melt the motor down. If its going to work all you'll really need is some minor pump work.
Ok. I don't think it has a pyrometer installed. So I'll go ahead and get that installed first. So your saying, getting a lower button etc?

Ok. I don't think it has a pyrometer installed. So I'll go ahead and get that installed first. So your saying, getting a lower button etc?

Get a lower button, different governor spring or governor shims, disable the aneroid, and turn the screw out of the throttle shaft. Be a whole different motor. Be more than enough to go to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I'll do that when I get it. Should be this week. I'll post once I get it.

Another big engine guy... boy it'd be nice if you'd all go away. Dang

Big engines is what drives us to all of this. Always looking to getting a little more out of an engine. But going away is a big thing to wish for!lol

Big engines is what drives us to all of this. Always looking to getting a little more out of an engine. But going away is a big thing to wish for!lol

All this class 8 stuff... phss

You got to remember, all this class 8 stuff is what moves America!

Back