Some engine info help

Raziel

Uraraka
Trying to figure out some stuff for a conversion im doing and i need some help.. im wondering if there's a smaller starter out there

and if my vac/PS pump is missing the vacuum part. i dont see any nipples for a vacuum line so im concerned there.

Any info on my engine will help me out immensely.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Please ignore the tacky paint job. i know it's not everyones favorite but i like it. im here for help not to get roasted :/

You have a pic of the data plate and an alternator. There is no cummins starter any smaller than a first gen starter. You didn't post a picture of the vacuum pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There is no cummins starter any smaller than a first gen starter.
A first gen Cummins starter is the probably most bulky one out there and it won't work on a 1994-up, anyway, because the gear won't mesh with the flywheel.

The most compact starter on a Cummins in a Dodge, that I have seen to date, is a 6.7 starter, at least on all the 2007-2012 6.7 trucks.
It is, as compared to a 2003-2007 5.9 starter, quite a bit smaller in diameter, but slightly longer, overall.

Mark.

Length doesnt matter too much.
The engine is mated to a 47RH right now with the 47RH flywheel... Would a 6.7 even mate up to a 47rh adapter plate?

I'm seeing gear reduction starters in some searching ive done. any idea if they're worth it in the size reduction?
Says 1/3 the size of a stock starter

If you wanted a 47rh behind a 6.7, you'd use the 2003-2007 48re plate.
Otherwise, the earlier plates all have 2 bolt holes that are unusable, BUT the plate will still bolt up and function.

Mark.

You have a industrial engine. That's a hydraulic pump and the drive. You'll need to get the complete setup off a dodge.

Back