Fuelabs when you just want the best

Ron, I'd have to look at their ratings, but I am thinking their ratings are not at that kind of pressure. I'm not sure if you're a drag racing kinda guy or a pulling kinda guy. However, Wade Moody uses our 200gph Velocity system. I'm not sure where you are at compared to him

Less power, less abrasive, taller, and much better looking. LOL(sorry Wade).

Brake specific is just that, the true measurement of fuel being used by the motor. You measure the fuel on the inlet side and on the return fuel and factor that in to BSFC. It’s on every dyno .
Bottom line is how much fuel the motor burns divided by how much horse power it lays down. I’ve been on the dyno with quite a few diesel engines and this is just the facts

True, but you don't have that for Ron's engine. We know HP, and he knows rpm and cc. If we knew his cc and max rpm (rpm @ 1300hp would be handy too) gpm less pump return is easy.

70 gpm is good for about 450cc @ about 3300 rpm. That includes injector return but does not include pump return. If he's making 3 hp per cc he's doing pretty well.

True, but you don't have that for Ron's engine. We know HP, and he knows rpm and cc. If we knew his cc and max rpm (rpm @ 1300hp would be handy too) gpm less pump return is easy.

70 gpm is good for about 450cc @ about 3300 rpm. That includes injector return but does not include pump return. If he's making 3 hp per cc he's doing pretty well.

This is for any diesel performance engine up and over 1000 hp. You can calculate theoretic, but what I am talking about is actually fuel measurements during dyno sessions. The dyno achieves this by using fuel flow turbines that give readings to .001 lbs. of fuel.
here is what a good dyno looks like at GBE

02_Engine_dyno_jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ron, buy a 70 gph fuel pump and see how it works out for you. LOL LOL

Calculating his cc vs his rpm to find gph is not theoretical. It's 3rd grade math that even a farm boy like myself can use to see how much fuel his injection pump is going to swallow.

Picking a bsfc number for his engine without having it in a dyno with fancy machines hooked to it is theoretical

Ron, buy a 70 gph fuel pump and see how it works out for you. LOL LOL

Calculating his cc vs his rpm to find gph is not theoretical. It's 3rd grade math that even a farm boy like myself can use to see how much fuel his injection pump is going to swallow.

Picking a bsfc number for his engine without having it in a dyno with fancy machines hooked to it is theoretical

nobody ever said to buy a 70 gph pump, that is just what the motor uses. as to needing to have his motor on the dyno, the range for BSFC on any diesel engine , even ones rolling coal is predicitable.

what you talking about is trying to use a rule of thumb.
one other thought is that most of the pumps marketed in the diesel world do not put out close to what they claim at running PSI

I have to send my pump to Kevin for some work. Would running it on the stand with the injectors give a good approximation for fuel usage at a certain rpm?

Ron I'll give you a call tomorrow , be on the road picking up my motor so I'll have plenty of time

We are working with them on the Ford stuff, we know it will work as we have already had the DI/Fuelab/Fass version working for several years now with good results.

If anyone knows Powerstroke's its Daved Lott. I would recomend anyone with a ford call him at DI

I was speaking specifically of the 6.0 Ford... Have a feed and returns as pretty of the kit maybe with regulator on return... Etc..

I asked them last year some time (Fall 2012) if they were ever going to create a setup like they have for the common rail stuff aka prefilter etc and I was told as of then there were no plans for P7100 pumps. I called them directly. I guess this has changed?

I asked them last year some time (Fall 2012) if they were ever going to create a setup like they have for the common rail stuff aka prefilter etc and I was told as of then there were no plans for P7100 pumps. I called them directly. I guess this has changed?

Sometimes people forget "Hotrodding 101", I am pretty sure 1000 hp 12v and CR's didn't come from the factory like that and I know good an well 7.3HEUI's never thought they would see 500 much less a 1000 but we have them both.

The beauty of the Fuelab design is in the easy way of making a setup work for your application, just because they themselves don't offer a complete bolt on kit doesn't mean they don't have what you need.

We have made a variety of pump setups for quite a few different applications using the Fuelab pumps.

Back