oil bypass system fail

I don't believe in those oil bypass systems Unless you install additional Holding capacity,like Maybe 5 gallon system, You are much better off adding oil cooling, My oil cooler drop the temps 80/100*, I have sensor in the Port on filter running temps 220/240*,My pan temp 140/180.

Yep,Proper service Intervals will go along............Way,O yeh I added the system and Now I go 25K+,OK now add 150HP and pull 10Klbs for 12K on that 25K,on 10 service Times,@ 200K let me Know how things have turn out for YOU.

have you ever tore apart a high mileage engine after running Amsoil for most of its life?

i do 5K on the DD with Schaeffer's and about 100-250ish miles on the go fast truck

I too would like to know how the engines look after a life of amsoil. I was a firm believer that it was one of the best out there

I run sythetic amsoil in my truck, have for over the past 150,000+ miles when the head was off it, everything looked almost brand new and I only change my oil every 15,000miles and my trucks not stock at all.

I run delo and blackstone says i can go 7,000 samples look fine . I do them around 5,000 anyway!

Last edited:
Picture........

Thanks, are you running a remote oil filter? Or how is the supply/return plumbed?

I have looked into an aux oil cooler, but never came up with plumbing options I was happy with. Too many issues on 3rd gen's and remote oil filters (mainly Amsoil, but I don't think the issue is the Amsoil (it just happens to be the most common kit), but something with the motor).

Its from Filter Port (turbo feed) to Cooler then Returned to Turbo.That cooler was installed Mid Summer 2005 just after the Silver 62 Turbo was installed,Same turbo thats in the Truck Now.

Gotcha, that was a thought I had several years ago; however, with the BB charger the oil flow is much lower and wouldn't be enough to cool the oil.

I also thought about putting one inline with the bypass but ran into the same issue.

i have pulled a few engines apart that were Amsoil engines, the this nasty black sludge that gets on everything and you have to almost wear it off.

only thing i have found worse is Schaeffers and it doesnt leave the black film but a moly coating on everything that machine shops hate

funny you should say that, i just rebuild MY DD CD with 170k on it. making over 550 to the wheels for several years and has had amsoil in it since 20k. i found almost no sludge in any if the common crevices and i did all my oil changes between 10-15k. no bypass just an EA filter.

i will be running amsoil again as soon as i get some more break in miles.

as far as "dino" oil goes. amsoil and several other companies have done breakdown tests... i will never run rotella unless i am just using it for a cam break in. as far as common on the shelf 15-40 goes, DELO scores way better than rotella does in several aspects.

Back