Quick Question

ISBand4BT

I have a theory. I ran a 2003 3500 across the state yeterday and it was acting up. pulled off to get fuel and got the codes off. It said P2509. Got back to the shop last night and plugged the scan tool in. it said P2509 and P0366. Now, just a thought, but would the fact that the bank 1 crank sensor is sending mixed signals to the ecm and that is what is causing P2509? I did some searches and couldnt really come up with anything close.

Description for it is: "ecm/pcm Power Input Signal Intermittent"

Seems to me that the code is related to power to the PCM rather than the crank shaft position signal. I would estimate that they are not related

I found that the 0366 is camshaft position sensor, not crank. That could affect how the truck runs since that is how the engine knows what the valve train is doing for timing (if memory serves correctly), but probably not the 0259

I found that the 0366 is camshaft position sensor, not crank. That could affect how the truck runs since that is how the engine knows what the valve train is doing for timing (if memory serves correctly), but probably not the 0259

0336 is crankshaft according to the mac tool computer... pretty sure it's right.

As per my theory, didn't work. I had replaced the crank sensor thinking that was the problem. I didn't get an 0259 code, but did get a 0336 after a 6hr trip. Anyone have any ideas? This is prolly the third sensor put on this truck n its only got 59k on it. It didn't act up at all this time tho. Ran normal.

All battery connections are clean and free of corrosion? Batts are in good condition?

I usually get the intermittent PCM power code from a weak battery or loose connection. Which very well could cause the other code.

Back