10 second range index class?

With the rules just published I'd say the answer is no. Would be nice for Randy to address the issue however.

Hey Randy not to beat a dead horse or anything. Do you foresee any real consideration for such a class in 2014?

I only ask so I can decide if I will just sit out next season or scrap the truck all together.

At the moment we dont see adding any new classes but on the flip side i never say never

Not the answer you want to hear but could give you a better answer around August

Hey Randy not to beat a dead horse or anything. Do you foresee any real consideration for such a class in 2014?

I only ask so I can decide if I will just sit out next season or scrap the truck all together.

Just zip tie frame rails back into the back and put leaf springs and call tracs on it and run super street!

Sweet.... Not

With all the rule changes and no competitive classes I'll stay close to home this season.

Sweet.... Not

With all the rule changes and no competitive classes I'll stay close to home this season.

Let's see, Sportsman, Super Diesel, Super Street, Pro Street, Pro Stock, Top Diesel. Hmmmm, if I have counted correctly, there are SIX competitive NHRDA classes.

As for the rule changes - there haven't been any, just come clarification. Check out the rules on the NHRDA website, the 2012 rules are still posted as of yesterday.

Maybe you should stay close to home. Some organization might create a class just for you. If you want to compete at the NHRDA level set up your race vehicle for a specific class. There are several NHRDA competitors that run multiple classes. Rob Coddens, Verlon Southwick, and Michael Pliska to name a few.

At the moment we dont see adding any new classes but on the flip side i never say never

Not the answer you want to hear but could give you a better answer around August

Fair enough Randy i know its a tough call saying one way or the other. Thanks for the honesty.

Sweet.... Not

There are no rule changes for 2013 and the air shut off takes effect in 2014, mostly just better enforcement of the rules already in place. Also your signature says your best is 11.50, why not run the 11.90 index class, that seems ready made for your truck? My truck is way faster than 11.50 and I like running the 11.90 class. It's the most difficult to win and most competitive class in NHRDA. May I ask how many NHRDA races you actually raced in in 2012? And if you raced in any, what class/s?

Your statement sounds more like the kid who doesn't like the game because his losing so is taking his ball and going home.

There are no rule changes for 2013 and the air shut off takes effect in 2014, mostly just better enforcement of the rules already in place. Also your signature says your best is 11.50, why not run the 11.90 index class, that seems ready made for your truck? My truck is way faster than 11.50 and I like running the 11.90 class. It's the most difficult to win and most competitive class in NHRDA.

This! Heck this is what I plan on doing next season in my DD.

There are no rule changes for 2013 and the air shut off takes effect in 2014, mostly just better enforcement of the rules already in place. Also your signature says your best is 11.50, why not run the 11.90 index class, that seems ready made for your truck? My truck is way faster than 11.50 and I like running the 11.90 class. It's the most difficult to win and most competitive class in NHRDA. May I ask how many NHRDA races you actually raced in in 2012? And if you raced in any, what class/s?

Your statement sounds more like the kid who doesn't like the game because his losing so is taking his ball and going home.

I don't get on here much to update my sig

Truck went 11.23 @124 in Texas on street tires and 22s it's got 10s in it no doubt... And why would I want to.go.slower... Not fun.

2 races last year I talked to you at both...

And as far as rules I've been cleared to run 10.00 @ local tracks with stock axles, no balancer, no Trans blanket, and a stock flex plate.

Why travel 500+ miles to race a 9 sec class or a 11.9 class when they have a 10.9 class 90 miles away?

Not saying if an nhrda event in Denver I won't show up but I not traveling 500 miles to get spanked or go slower than normal.

Not everyone has unlimited budgets to pay for fuel to go run one round of elems and go home.

Last edited:
And fwiw I wasn't trying to sound like a cry baby and my initial post sounded like, for that I do apologize. IM just stating my honest point on why I won't be attending many races next year. Like I said if they do Denver I'll be there... Altitude outa slow superstreet down a bit lol, and maybe the Billings race.

And fwiw I wasn't trying to sound like a cry baby and my initial post sounded like, for that I do apologize. IM just stating my honest point on why I won't be attending many races next year. Like I said if they do Denver I'll be there... Altitude outa slow superstreet down a bit lol, and maybe the Billings race.

OK understand and yes I remember you now. I certainly understand the travel thing, I drove 17,500 miles to race this year chasing Verlon for the Super Diesel points championship only to come up 50 points short, but I had my chances even down to the finals race in Texas but come up 2/100's short to move on. I'd love a 10.90 index class, that is ready made for my truck, but until that happens 11.90 it is. Truly a diver's race and you can pretty much guarantee of racing all season without breaking your truck. Good luck in your local races, I retired last year, my crew chief Frank Begley will be racing my truck this year. I miss too much of the racing sitting in the staging lanes.

OK understand and yes I remember you now. I certainly understand the travel thing, I drove 17,500 miles to race this year chasing Verlon for the Super Diesel points championship only to come up 50 points short, but I had my chances even down to the finals race in Texas but come up 2/100's short to move on. I'd love a 10.90 index class, that is ready made for my truck, but until that happens 11.90 it is. Truly a diver's race and you can pretty much guarantee of racing all season without breaking your truck. Good luck in your local races, I retired last year, my crew chief Frank Begley will be racing my truck this year. I miss too much of the racing sitting in the staging lanes.

It's supposed to be fun, I wanna keep it that way. I love 11.9 class but don't feel like racing in it. Win some lose some I guess.

Back