Tire Shine...

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
Okay guys, I have a nice new set of tires on the goat, I want to keep them looking as good as I can (at least until the 5th curb check LOL ). What can I use on them that is low maintenance, i.e., you don't have to reapply every month and most importantly, DOES NOT!! attract dust :bang I will be staying on a shell road here in Titusville so Armor all is out for that reason alone. I really could care less about shine, I just don't want the tires dulling out really bad.

I tell you what Billy, I havn't found a tire shine that works well that doesn't attract dust....It seems to be the nature of the beast..:(

Billy, there is a silicon based soap that large truck tire repair shops/service trucks use. They slap a glob, looks like semi-clear brown grease, in a jug of water and use it to mount tires as well as check for leaks. It works really well.....but I don't have a name for it? I would cut it about 50% and apply it to my tires. And, NEVER use a rough brush or pressure washer. If you can apply this stuff to a clean dry tire....the tire will absorb it and look new for a looooong time. I'll try to get the name of it next week.

I am in the Chemical Specialties business and the dust attraction is an issue with Silicone based dressings. The dust also seems to be attracted to the not silicone based ones as well. Anything that does not cure to a solid and non-tacky feel will attract it. I have tried many things and usually go back to the material we make. Chris

This stuff (sort'a) dries if it's thin. It's water soluble but some stays with the tire. If you've had it on and can squeeze in a carwash, you'll know it's been on after the wash.

Upstate........ I'll ask, what do you make? :huh::

We make a Product called Total Look. I am not saying that there isn't better or that it is the best, but that it works for me. I am always pushing to make a low gloss product that just gives a nice deep rich look. Chris

Burner said:
Billy, there is a silicon based soap that large truck tire repair shops/service trucks use. They slap a glob, looks like semi-clear brown grease, in a jug of water and use it to mount tires as well as check for leaks. It works really well.....but I don't have a name for it? I would cut it about 50% and apply it to my tires. And, NEVER use a rough brush or pressure washer. If you can apply this stuff to a clean dry tire....the tire will absorb it and look new for a looooong time. I'll try to get the name of it next week.

Its called Murphys soap.

dan

I was kinda hopin' he would chime in on this :D

Tom, I'll check it out, still getting settled in here in Titusville, soon as I get a chance I'll start checking into some of these products.

i use NO TOUCH in the black can it works on anything black it doesnot sling off when you drive and it really dosent collect dust to bad and the best part is with a wash the tires look as shiny as if you just put it on. i use it on everything black works good on wheel wells and all the road dirt just rinces off makes it nice to clean LOL

Last edited:
ive tried almost every different gel or spray. the best by far is the turtle wax platinum gel. its an a cylindar case and there is no run off and it looks make-ready(dealership shine) shine. best best best

Pretty much a moot point, there is about 2 months worth of mud and crud on the tires and truck now, not gonna change before about March either LOL LOL

Back