Spartan or H&S

1ton350

Looking at deleteing the dpf...hear the guy from spartan went to H&S so which programmer would be better

I think you are talking about Kem? Give Muj a call, he can set you up with a H&S with Kem tuning. 1-630-788-9120

yeah i was reading into both tuners and they seem about the same...don't say much about transmission tuning though. Talked to the guys from Rudy's at Topeka and they told me Kem was heading to H&S so i suppose both programmers would be equivelant in comparison. Just needing some input as to which is more reliable with the least amount of issues.

Thanks Cppr Busa!

Both seem very reliable. The H & S will allow custom tuning vendors like KEM access to their platform. Spartan has a very nice platform but you only have access to spartans tunes. No outside vendor can tune on a spartan. I went with a SCT TSX with IDP custom tunes. IDP, KEM, Elite, and RCD all tune on the SCT platform. Best of luck with what ever one you choose has to be better than stock. Jason

No doubt SCT with Erics tunes!!!! If not H&S. H&S can be had for less $$$$! The problem seems to be planetary failure in 5r110s. I have seen 2 break in the last week, one was Spartan one was H&S.! The transmissions were not stock!

I appreciate all your input guys...i think i am going to go with H&S. Not looking for Highest settings most of the time i drive a lot on the road commuting. but i still want the option if i need it. I was previously getting between 16 and 18 mpg but after a leveling kit and 325/65R18 Cooper Discoverer STT i have dropped to 13 thinking its time for a little more power and get this truck breathing better.

i would also change the intake out to, i went with a s-b. I like it pretty good just my thoughts.
I did the live wire i really pleased with the results frim it.

I have put the AFE pro 7 filter in and removed the stock top air box cover. seems to help throttle response some but i am going to go for a package deal with a tru cold air intake system.

Im leaving spartan... going to sct livewire with innovative tunes. Ive fed the truck some parts and the tranny progrqmming on the spartan has not left me a happy camper. Id pick up a livewire with innovative tunes, waayyy cheaper!

Dang a year or two ago, Spartan was the ONLY way to go for 6.4s. Thought KEM was tuning on the Dashdaq Spartan runs though.

Wasn't aware KEM and H&S had teamed up

what does it cost to get a custom tune? and how do you go about that? you just call them up and tell em what you want or what....

We have been running the h&s tuners on the 6.4 trucks here lately. Do I think that they make the most power? No, but they do load flawlessly every time and plus they can be transferred to just about any of the newer trucks if you trade down the road.

i love my h & s xrt pro. FREE tune downloads from their site, and have alot of trans tuning options. check out quatlitytruckproducts.com. call and talk to them they are a good group of guys and ship for free, and will make a good deal(best deal you can find and about $100 cheaper than their website shows on pkg deals) any time they come out with a new tune you get it for free. the 300 hot damn tune is a beast.

i have ran the spartan for about 10 months now, pretty happy. Had 2 KEM tunes loaded to my spartan also. the kem tune are great drive tunes and shift really smooth but definately dont make the power the spartan tunes do. But i only have a 250 KEM tune. I have the 350 spartan. The spartan tune is really touchy to drive and u can also feel how hard it shifts but its a strong fast. Ran a 8.4 with the KEM. I ran a 8.0 with the spartan. Going for 7.9s soon! but if its not power ur worried about get the H&S with the KEM tunes. If its power go with the spartan. I dont know much about the SCT.

I have done 3 2008 6.4 trucks, all 3 have S&B intake, 4" exhaust with dpf delete, and H&S tuning. Put one on the dyno around 1 month ago and it put down 581hp and 1079 ft tq.

Spartan

been running my spartan on the 310 with elites egr delete and wastegate 7 months no problems Im on 37s and drive HARD

Went from the Spartan 310 to the 350 truck lasted 2 months on the 350. Gave up on me pulling my bowfishing boat/ about 3000lbs on a flat grade at 65 mph. Pulled the Moter out of the truck. TOTAL destruction all the pistons are toast heads are toast. Not blaming anyone but myself... Race tune means race tune I guess. Debating swapping in a common rail now.

Back