New to me 6.7

My '18 has a 5 year/100K mile powertrain warranty. I was under the impression that's what they all had.

Here's the generic warranty PDF for 2018 trucks (I assume your 2017 is the same/similar):

It is...I have 3yr 66k left. The question is, is waiting that out doing more long term damage with EGR installed then the low potential that a Cummins will have a problem in the first 100k without it?

Don't laugh at not needing something in under 100k!
I've had MANY engines in this shop with under 50k that had dropped valves, seats, spun mains, EGR failures and even burns that had recalls out, that were covered.

To tell the truth, the 6.7 trucks have a myriad of issues that are either recalls, or covered under mileage warranty.

I'm not being alarmist, just telling you how it is.
If you can possibly keep a warranty, do so, hoping it drops a valve, or other calamity, at 98k. ;)

Mark.

Don't laugh at not needing something in under 100k!
I've had MANY engines in this shop with under 50k that had dropped valves, seats, spun mains, EGR failures and even burns that had recalls out, that were covered.

To tell the truth, the 6.7 trucks have a myriad of issues that are either recalls, or covered under mileage warranty.

I'm not being alarmist, just telling you how it is.
If you can possibly keep a warranty, do so, hoping it drops a valve, or other calamity, at 98k. ;)

Mark.

OK, The whole purpose of this thread is for info like this. I think what I will do is start modding the truck from the ground up then instead of the hood down lol.

Ill do wheels, running boards, color match bumpers and a few other things and then see where I am at on mileage/years. I guess this is more reason to get the 12valve up and running to enjoy lol.

It is...I have 3yr 66k left. The question is, is waiting that out doing more long term damage with EGR installed then the low potential that a Cummins will have a problem in the first 100k without it?

OK, The whole purpose of this thread is for info like this. I think what I will do is start modding the truck from the ground up then instead of the hood down lol.

Ill do wheels, running boards, color match bumpers and a few other things and then see where I am at on mileage/years. I guess this is more reason to get the 12valve up and running to enjoy lol.
This is basically the conclusion I've come to as well. I hate the idea of the EGR system being on there, but I guess I can live with it for a bit while I do non-engine, non-warranty voiding stuff, first.

This is basically the conclusion I've come to as well. I hate the idea of the EGR system being on there, but I guess I can live with it for a bit while I do non-engine, non-warranty voiding stuff, first.

Yea, kind of a bummer but dropping a valve or other catastrophic failure after voiding the warranty would REALLY blow!

Buying rims and tires today....going with a method NV in 20X10.

Doing either 420s or proxes St

275/55r20 or 305/50r20

Whats your opinions....looking to buy in the next couple hours.

Me personally I’m not real wild about the ez link. I don’t want my truck associated with my phone. I’d rather have a stand alone unit. I don’t even need multiple levels. A delete and 50-75hp is good for me on this truck.

With all the companies getting in trouble with the emissions delete equipment, is it difficult to find exhaust and tuners now? I do plan to get a 2019+ truck this winter....but do not plan to delete until I get higher up in the warranty period.

Back