Anyone Running in the 3.0 Class With No Engine Cross Member

takedown95

With the big front ends, centered driveshafts, and dry sump pans the factory cross member is likely in the way on these trucks. We are considering cutting out the cross member all together and simply bolting the engine to the frame using 3/8" steel tabs in the front, rear and the sides. Has anyone run without a engine cross member in 3.0? I know they do it in super stock with the ladder frames. Anyone willing to shares results or pictures of their fab work? Thanks.

I cut the factory one out and put one at the front of the engine to hold the front and a mid plate between the engine and trans

No experience here, but I don't see why not. you could also make a shock tower connector to gain some rigidity.

I cut the factory one out and put one at the front of the engine to hold the front and a mid plate between the engine and trans

Exactly what we were thinking and maybe some tabs mid engine where the factory motor mounts are. Make them all slotted so you can set the engine in there and get the bolts started then move it in to place and tighten them down.

Mine is removed I run a front sump pan. I added material in front of engine for bus style cummins mount and rear for bell housing support. I also cut out factory engine mounts and fabbed up removable ones.

Back