First post!

LBlue79

Hello,
I have pulled a lot of info from searching this forum and figured I had better do an intro.
I have 04.5 5.9 CCLB 140K on the clock. I use her for towing, date nights and enjoyment to drive. My DD is a 1995 chevy K2500 and my "girlfriend" is a 1951 ford F1.
Recently I started to tune my own truck and am really enjoying learning the in and outs. My platform is the MM3 with UDC pro.
Thanks for letting me join.
Matt

I have had the F1 for about 26 years (high school truck) She has been neglected due to having kids and other priorities but I tore her down this last spring to freshen her up and almost have her back together. I need to paint the grill and tailgate and she is good to go.
I have a SBC 327 in her and recently upgraded the steering to a toyota gear box that has made it a treat to steer.
I see in your sig you have an 53 that you are turning into a "Fummins" That is a long goal of mine for this truck. (money and time lol) What is your progress on your F100?

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Progress is limited on the 53. I would say something about putting a chevy engine in a Ford, but I haven’t made much progress on mine so it’s hard to criticize others :hehe:

I am in the middle of a house build/shop build/wife/2 kids/full time job/side business/trying to relax and smell the roses so progress has been limited. My 53 is tucked away in one of my barns right now. I have the engine and trans sitting in my shop ready to go. I’m hoping by next winter I will have the heat in my shop going and I can put her under the knife. I really enjoy classic Ford’s, especially the 53-56 range, but I appreciate all of them. Post some pics!

Last edited:
Oh man, the flack I have received for putting the chevy engine in that little truck has been brutal, especially in the F1 forums! lol.
I always have big plans on changing things but at the end of the day more important things take precedence over my hobbies.
I absolute love the simplicity of working on the older trucks. I can disassemble and assemble the whole thing in an afternoon. It just bring a smile to make face to work on.
I hope things settle down on your end and you can get after that F100, I would love to follow the progress.
Pictures will come this spring after I get her back up and street worthy.
Merry Christmas good sir.

Back