Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Industrial Injection
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #61
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Maybe I'm changing in my old age...I still don't get any kicks out of dyno competitions for records but unless someone is making a run at this guys number I don't really see where they have any room to *****. Phuck a correction factor...you get the same one when you strap down on the same day. Go beat it or just drop it....

Old 09-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #62
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
I'm not discounting that his engine makes power, just that in my opinion, with the support network he seems to have, I don't see any reason he shouldn't be making faster times. Perhaps he has bad tuning? Maybe he's just a bad driver, insert jokes about the wreck here. But I don't really buy the weight excuse, I mean hell, Firepunk went into the 9's last yr with 8k lbs. Maybe he should swallow some pride, and start talking to others that have already done it. Yes I know Anthony is very fast and accomplished, but maybe the magic recipe can be found with talking to others as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Me wanting to see him go fast just like he does himself. I put him in touch with people you have mentioned. Again getting it fixed overnight doesn't happen but he's all for finding the fix from what I've seen. Now you know everything instead of just thinking he only cares about a dyno number.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:54 AM   #63
Kind

Name: Kind
Member`s Gallery
New Chassis Dyno Record!

If he really wanted to go fast and not break as much stuff he'd be putting that motor in a lighter truck. "2500 hp" in a 6500lbs plus truck is going to consistently be unreliable.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #64
rightwinger

Name: rightwinger
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Just curious, but isn't Haisley claiming 3000+ HP on one of their engines? Was that number made on an engine dyno or a chassis dyno? Was it corrected? Someone asked earlier if 2K HP had ever been achieved uncorrected, I would assume the Haisley engine would put down over 2K HP uncorrected......
2002 Dodge Ram 4X4, 6 speed, Southbend clutch, balanced rotating assembly,maxed out 215 p pump (550 cc's), 025 DV's, DAP 6X.013,Hamilton 103lb springs & HD pushrods, Waterman Sprint 400 lift pump,S362/S475 compounds, head studs , 4 inch exhaust

Old 09-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #65
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwinger View Post
Just curious, but isn't Haisley claiming 3000+ HP on one of their engines? Was that number made on an engine dyno or a chassis dyno? Was it corrected? Someone asked earlier if 2K HP had ever been achieved uncorrected, I would assume the Haisley engine would put down over 2K HP uncorrected......

Yes, and someone that has been in the SS 4X4 diesel truck class for a LONG time said after this "dyno record" was posted said "I remember 2010 like it was yesterday". Almost all of them can be easily north of 3K HP but it doesn't mean chit if it doesn't go anywhere. Notice none of them post dyno sheets anywhere? There's a reason, because it doesn't mean anything. If you make 8000hp but are in last place does anyone care? The only reason Shane even posted that pic was to show how dumb bragging about 2k hp is in reality.

Bragging about 2k hp with an engine that's already proven to make 3k is exactly like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

Old 09-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #66
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Me wanting to see him go fast just like he does himself. I put him in touch with people you have mentioned. Again getting it fixed overnight doesn't happen but he's all for finding the fix from what I've seen. Now you know everything instead of just thinking he only cares about a dyno number.
Has he tried backing off the power to try getting it to live? Seems like that's what everyone else does, start conservatively, and slowly add power as the chassis is dialed in.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #67
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Yep and it didn't work. The guy isn't some idiot that doesn't know what he's doing. He's likely got more experience than most of us on here. Funny how people think they know someone by reading ONLY the things they do in the public eye. Cumminsforum takeover here on compd or what?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #68
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yep and it didn't work. The guy isn't some idiot that doesn't know what he's doing. He's likely got more experience than most of us on here. Funny how people think they know someone by reading ONLY the things they do in the public eye. Cumminsforum takeover here on compd or what?
Your wasting time Trying to reason with these guys. If they won't listen to us, they just don't get it, and likely don't want to.

Last edited by DIESEL_POWER; 09-26-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #69
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
Hey, I'm not trying to come across like I know exactly what he needs to do, I'm sure I don't. I'm merely just a wondering voice on the outside looking in. But with the "information" that is commonly presented on him/his truck, I can see where some of the negativity comes from. I'm here on this site primarily to "learn from those that do". If I offended, not my intention.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #70
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL_POWER View Post
Your wasting time Trying to reason with these guys. If they won't listen to us, they just don't get it, and likely don't want to.
Nobody listens to you in particular because you come across as a sanctimonious cocksucker and nobody likes you. I applaud the strides you've made with your car but on a personal level you're a piece of sh!t....but that's just my opinion.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #71
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
Hey, I'm not trying to come across like I know exactly what he needs to do, I'm sure I don't. I'm merely just a wondering voice on the outside looking in. But with the "information" that is commonly presented on him/his truck, I can see where some of the negativity comes from. I'm here on this site primarily to "learn from those that do". If I offended, not my intention.

All I can tell you is the guy has companies that helped him on stuff that wasn't working out. He stuck it out a BUNCH trying to work with them to get something to work. Showed great loyalty in my book by going through all the headaches. I can assure you the few dealings I had with him he's a real nice guy and isn't some know it all. He's all about learning what works and what doesn't. I would have gave up by now. Working with him a few times on the truck I couldn't believe how he could keep his cool when something brand new didn't work with as many attempts that he had given. I don't think he's the type of guy you would expect. The wreck thing was no joke to him either. He took it pretty serious from I saw.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 09-26-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #72
mikmaze

Name: mikmaze
Member`s Gallery
unbroken, your words are too kind, perhaps you never met him in person, for that you get a pass.....

Old 09-27-2016, 04:59 AM   #73
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
All I can tell you is the guy has companies that helped him on stuff that wasn't working out. He stuck it out a BUNCH trying to work with them to get something to work. Showed great loyalty in my book by going through all the headaches. I can assure you the few dealings I had with him he's a real nice guy and isn't some know it all. He's all about learning what works and what doesn't. I would have gave up by now. Working with him a few times on the truck I couldn't believe how he could keep his cool when something brand new didn't work with as many attempts that he had given. I don't think he's the type of guy you would expect. The wreck thing was no joke to him either. He took it pretty serious from I saw.
Well I'd call that a positive character trait then, trying to stick with those that are helping with parts, even though they're not working right, is somewhat admirable, speaks to a certain amount of loyalty I'd think.

Closed Thread