Shootin for 1000. Horse that is.

92PowerRam

always broke $
my poor....poor wallet :bang

anyways, I got bit by the hp bug just like before but HARD this time.

Here's my thread on CF, i pop in here now and then but mostly live on there.

12/14mm pump, 7x17's..... spool an S475? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

im keeping the VE first of all, just going to a 14mm.

Got my S475 today that I bought off Lostnwalmart on here. 75/83/1.10 a/r T4. Also finished pulling the head to make way for a Hamilton head that will be on its way in a few weeks. I ordered a Zex 30-200hp diesel laughing gas system today also.

List to do;
S475 single- got it
Nitrous- on its way
5x20's-
Hamilton head with o rings, no valve springs.
Steed Speed T4 manifold with external waste gate.
60mm wastegate
Track down 110lb springs. I dont need anything over 110 but all i find are for 24v's.
push rods
Hamilton 188/220 cam. Im going to do some research and see if i need to fly cut the pistons with this cam.
Water/meth
and a dual disc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Good luck bud have any questions ask away, that turbo will do it with a small shot easy. As long as you can get the ve to put out the fuel its more than possible.

Thanks, I think 370-400cc's from a Scheid pump will be sufficient, especially with 5x20 sticks. Im sure I'll have a bunch of questions. If she blows up, I'm selling both my trucks and buying a Geo Metro.....

Here is something to think about.

That cam will help and would probably not need any flycuts. However, if you do flycut, get a custom headgasket and raise compression to around 21:1. That should help the VE in getting its power out quicker and utilizing the short window of power.

Gasket Works Ask for their .032 gasket. Not bad for $200.

Also the 188/220 needs to be checked for clearance, I was ok with my truck and used a stock thickness head gasket but others have had a few issues, if you degree it in you shouldn't have any issues just may need to retard it a bit.

Here is something to think about.

That cam will help and would probably not need any flycuts. However, if you do flycut, get a custom headgasket and raise compression to around 21:1. That should help the VE in getting its power out quicker and utilizing the short window of power.

Gasket Works Ask for their .032 gasket. Not bad for $200.

I've been meaning to ask you if you ordered one of those. Are your pistons fly cut? Happen to ask them if they could make one at .060?

Also the 188/220 needs to be checked for clearance, I was ok with my truck and used a stock thickness head gasket but others have had a few issues, if you degree it in you shouldn't have any issues just may need to retard it a bit.

Thats what i was thinking, that if i degree it, it would be ok. Of course I'll check to be sure on clearance. I might be a 21 year old punk kid, but I know you cant just slap stuff together. :Cheer:

Im not raising compression in it other than the extra add ons like the charger and the HaHa gas, i dont want to be rolling in new bearing every month. lol
Im looking for flow, the better this thing breathes and gets the charger lit, the more of that powerband I can use. Besides, dont fly cuts lower compression?

I knew that part, I was just puzzled for a second because he mentioned to fly cut them to raise compression..... :huh::

He was saying to fly cut them because the gasket he was recommending is copper and about half the thickness of a standard gasket (after it's crushed). This would bring your head and valves a lot closer to the piston.

I've been meaning to ask you if you ordered one of those. Are your pistons fly cut? Happen to ask them if they could make one at .060?

Not yet. I have tires I need to buy first. :nail:

They list their sizes... Seems .054" is the biggest. Would that be close enough? I emailed them and they do have 12v and 24v gaskets.

If he is shooting for 1000hp, then he needs rods. Go big or go big boom.

I think the question of the short block stoutness is more deserving of the intended usage rather than solely the desired power output.

Jason proved, with enough gas to make a crocodile laugh, a VE pumped truck can make a dyno show 900+ hp. If this is your only concern, the stock short block is more than adequate. Sustained power output will be the determining factor on its reliability. Most likely, the stock short block will live there with proper nitrous usage.

21:1 compression, 1000hp, and nitrous....well you're just asking to live a life with an empty wallet.

its just going to be a street toy. The 1000hp im shooting for is just to say I told you so and that I did it. Bragging rights basically, partially why I choose the Ve still. I dont plan on using that 1000hp all the time if much. Not until i find a duramax that can touch me on the street. Then ill be swapping in rods, girdles, and stiffer hardware. Im not concerned on the stock bottom ends longevity. It will just see the hp I make on fuel only, which im hoping around 600+.

EDIT: for the most part, I idle around anyways. I just want the power to shut up the kids that use their truck like ricers. It might see an exibition sled pull or a few trips down the drag strip but mostly in town shinanagans.

Last edited:
Good luck man! I think you'll get pretty close on your first shot, but it's a lot more than just throwing parts together. I have done a few things that I haven't told anyone about to mine that I think helped a bit.

Good luck bud have any questions ask away, that turbo will do it with a small shot easy. As long as you can get the ve to put out the fuel its more than possible.

Haahahahaaa...

I wouldn't have bet anything over 700 on mine till I hit 854rwhp at Brown's with almost no bottle pressure. Then I knew I was on to something. The amount of HP per cc you can make with nitrous is amazing.

Good luck man! I think you'll get pretty close on your first shot, but it's a lot more than just throwing parts together. I have done a few things that I haven't told anyone about to mine that I think helped a bit.

Thank ya, I'm sure there will be a few test n tunes before I get there. :Cheer:

Any reason your so set on 110# springs? I was looking for a set myself and unded up just going with the 165# hamilton.
jon

Back