Let see them

Preacher

15 second Ford killer
So lets see your tuggers. Dedicated or not, lets see what your running, and how well it works, for those of us who wanna try this, but don't know where to start.

"Any tips from anyone on building a Duramax into a tugger for the 6500 lb class"

First thing first dana 60 front.

"Any tips from anyone on building a Duramax into a tugger for the 6500 lb class"

First thing first dana 60 front.

I knew that was coming :nail: They make these things live for sled pulling, there has to be a way to make that IFS survive this also. Centerlink, sleevs, braces. The axles are pretty stout.

my junk halfton with 5.3
l_b8d27aea61954ba18899fcc8f02c4c3b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7ikmWwbF4
might be for sale

well this past saturday there was an 08 2500 or 3500 chevy in the 7500 pound class, barely turned the front tires over and broke the differential into pieces....its back at the dealer as we speak. believe it or not iv seen more of the ifs front end breakage doing the tug a truck than pulling the sled. There is also a black dmax that hooks 9500 class i dont think iv ever seen him make it through an entire pull with out breaking. And its sleeved, with the big tie rods and center link

here is a few of my duty , pulls 9500lb class

JERONIMO it pays the monney

Attachments

• fayco11.jpg
    fayco11.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
  • l_006f7ec283874b05bef8321d78334cbe.jpg
    l_006f7ec283874b05bef8321d78334cbe.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
what axles are you running on your 79? i've got an old ford with a welded 9" & a hp d44 but wasn't thinking they would hold up very long, i'm guessing your running d60's?

well in that video i was running 60 rear 44 front, but in the next round i twisted the short side axle shaft into 2 pieces, so i built a coil sprung king pin dana 60 for it. then just last week at preble county i twisted a rear dana 60 chrome moly in two

are ya'll that um...special... that you use paper plates with your number on em? Ever heard of window chalk? Looks a lot more legit...lol

are ya'll that um...special... that you use paper plates with your number on em? Ever heard of window chalk? Looks a lot more legit...lol

well when your running three different classes with the same truck sometimes its easier to get a different plate with each number and under the number have the weight class so when your lining trucks up you just dont have 3 numbers on your truck for the people getting trucks paired up. If that makes any since :Cheer:

And yes, we "special" people also use window chalk sometimes when we feel like going high class:stab:

well in that video i was running 60 rear 44 front, but in the next round i twisted the short side axle shaft into 2 pieces, so i built a coil sprung king pin dana 60 for it. then just last week at preble county i twisted a rear dana 60 chrome moly in two

oh ok. I was watching at preble county last week, i got there a lil late so i must have missed you pull. I've got a dana 80 for the rear i can get, i'll probly just find a 60 for the front then. Thanks for the info :Cheer:

Back