Oil Field Hot Shot

they werent too wide, they were too tall. we made it through sd and nd without taking anything out, but once we got into minnesota, we took out lots of powerlines. thats why we got stopped.

So you actually "took out" power lines......did you stop and tell anyone or just keep truckin'?

...and please explain what "Helium Inj" means in your sig. Is that for the driver?

Last edited:
Haha on the grain bins...I took one look at those pics and started wondering how far you made it without getting pulled over...

That almost seems like just ignorance to me...

I would have stopped, but my dad has took down lots in our area with the delimber. The guys who have put them back up liked it because they would get overtime on weekends. Also the bottom wires are the grounds so no one lost power or got hurt.
The ones we saw that we were going to hit them we pushed up.

Wawl I figgered thet they had naws, propain, water-methanul, natrul gas, and other injectabuls, so we went with helium.

They were supposed to be 15 feet wide, that would of put them under 18 on the trailer which would miss most wires. We went to get them on easter, and when we got them loaded the owner left and let us strap em so we were kind of stuck.

You should stop listening to your Dad.
When I first saw the pictures I thought maybe you were hauling them to a local farm or something. But on the Highway?

:badidea:

I would have stopped, but .....

So you're telling me that you are some of the genetics that are promoting the troopers to crack down on 1-tons with large trailers and hot-shot-ers? Just because we run farm tags (I do on truck and trailer) in OK to aleviate the need for a CDL by our laws, that don't mean that I don't have to read, know, and obey by the CDL rules. 8'6" width and 13'6" height. Dipschidts such as are getting us stopped and inspected because they are tired of folks tearing crap up. It only costs me about 45 mintues because my crap is always legal....but for the love of God, don't be dumb. Please read the rules and obey by them before you get someone hurt. And if you think tearing power lines down if fun for the linemen because they get over-time, I hope you get a 7400 line across your hood and it sterilizes you for the sake of the mom in the house down the road that can't warm her babies bottle because you ripped her service down for three hours.

Dumb ass.

:soap:

Wawl I figgered thet they had naws, propain, water-methanul, natrul gas, and other injectabuls, so we went with helium.

We have a new candiate for the Competition Diesel 2012 Spelling Bee. :hehe:

They were supposed to be 15 feet wide, that would of put them under 18 on the trailer which would miss most wires. We went to get them on easter, and when we got them loaded the owner left and let us strap em so we were kind of stuck.

1: Legal limit tall is 13'6" without permit.
2: You probably won't get a permit on a holiday for oversize.
3: The driver is ultimately responsible. You pull onto a road with an oversize load and kill someone.....your done. Screw the owner.
4: Clearing MOST wires is not acceptable.

Jesus, I'm one of the nicest guys around here and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but you sir, take the cake.

[/bash] :D

Last edited:
This thread turned into all kinds of awesome real fast! CompD poster of the year decided within a little over a week!

If anyone has a sense of humor it is me. My post about the spelling bee was a joke too. :hehe:

Just please be careful and don't kill anyone. :D

This summer, when you go on your vacation to northern Minnesota, let me know so you can show me the best way to assemble grain bins, I need lots of help too.
Theres lots of good fishing up here.

Back