1st Gen 1/2 Ton build?

Picked up a '93 D150 RCSB today! Time to get started.

Body is in good shape with no rust. The driver's door is trashed and the left front fender is damaged but I'll take those from the '92 D250. Tailgate, too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Woot woot! Looks like a solid base!

Sticking with the mighty VE? Any upgrades planed during swap?

Just want to get it going right now. I may do some serious mods later like a 4-link rear and maybe a P-pump and turbo or twins. The engine, tranny and rear axle have already been modded. It's been dynoed at 308/630. Should be a fun little truck.

Just want to get it going right now. I may do some serious mods later like a 4-link rear and maybe a P-pump and turbo or twins. The engine, tranny and rear axle have already been modded. It's been dynoed at 308/630. Should be a fun little truck.

For a DD and light playing, I'd stick with VE...they are fun, and different, and with the "dynamic" timing, can get better mileage.

Also, they LOVE to pull at low RPM...tall gears and light weight and they just GO.

I miss my VE
Chris

It's been dynoed at 308/630

May as well spit out the details if you know them. lol Also, would you care to take it and have it weighed? Just curious on the as is weight.

They are definitely fun rides when done. I would keep it a VE and have some fun. Find a rear end with some tall gears and let it eat! I did have to put 3/8's plate on my motor mounts to raise it up a little so it would not hit the steering.

They are definitely fun rides when done. I would keep it a VE and have some fun. Find a rear end with some tall gears and let it eat! I did have to put 3/8's plate on my motor mounts to raise it up a little so it would not hit the steering.

That's why I modified my steering pieces to use the factory D250 pieces.

What did you have to modify? I thought the D250 parts would bolt right up.

They will if you don't mind using the 8 lug wheels. I wanted to stay 5 lug so I modified the spindle to accept the d250 lower ball joint mount. Just had to open up the two bolt holes on the spindle

May as well spit out the details if you know them. lol Also, would you care to take it and have it weighed? Just curious on the as is weight.

Mine is a 1984 d100, it weighted 4040lbs without driver before twins and air to water. If i had to guess I would say its close to 4500lbs now.

Back