I'm Lovin' It!

Bobus

Powerstroked
Went to Ford today and got to do some crawlin around on one of these 6.7l PSD's.. Wow is about all i can say.. I am truely in love with these beasts.. They are so quiet, They get down and move.. and the one i was lookin at '11 F350 Crewcab Longbox Lariat with 67miles was getting 21.6 MPG!! (According to the Dash). I pretty much didn't find anything taht was done to these new Fords that i didn't like, except for the goofy ass Dually fender:doh: I may have to seriously think about gettin my hands on one this summer or fall

I think im gonna get a lariat in a week or 2. i cant wait till they come out with programming for these. i think ford may have finally got its foot in the diesel performance door :Cheer:. now lets hope it will last like a 7.3 :poke:. good luck if you deside to get a scorpion.

gotta love the name of the engine "scorpion" if im spelling it right. :evil

dam thats great mpg's. i saw one in town the other day. looked like the one that was at this years Tulare Farm show if anyone was ther to see it. Local ford dealer dosent even have them yet so it must be an outa state truck.

yea have u seen the 450s they are so gay looking im glad i got my 6.4...... do they only go 80?

Im not a big fan of the 450's either, with the big front fender flairs. I sopose if you need a real work truck the suspention to put bodys on it your not rally worried about looks, just over all performance.

You can set he speed limiter with the steering wheel computer deal.

Dealer here Got in 6 trucks 2 days ago, 5 6.7's and a 6.2l.. Went and looked at them.. All loaded out Lariats and King Ranch Crew Cabs.. All sittin in the Low 60K's.. GF put the Kibash on me gettin one for a bit.. I guess i don't need one with the fact I bout a 2010 F150 in December and a '06 F450 3 days ago:hehe: Maybe this fall or next spring

I dunno if there governed at 80..(Prolly changeable if they are) I know my old '06 F350 governed at 94 or 96 but if i turned the key to the start position while hitting the governor it would reset and the speedo would go back to zero and it would go 100+ easily, I made abbout 120ish according to my mothers Mustang Speedo (I was racing her down the Interstate)

In one of the video's on ford's web site showes them changing it on the computer thats sits between the speedo and rpm tach. Not shure wich one, ill search around and see if i can find it on there.

my f450 its a 09 would only go 80 and we have a ford scaner and you couldent take it off with that so...... i just got a spartan and fixed that problem. I hope the 6.7 isnt that way...... i would hate driveing around on a 2 lane highway and only be able to go 80 its dangerous as hell.

They are indeed sweet rides but really, believing they already get 21+mpgs just looking at the dash, let the roomers start flying. If I make one say 30mpg does that actually mean I am getting 30mpg or do I have to get snapped back into reality and tell the truth at 17mpgs?

The 6.7L has all the tree hugger eqitment. EGR system, DPF and urea injection. But as soon as tuning catches up all that can be "misplaced" :evil

Yeah I was looking at one myself. I just dont like the fact that the one I want is close to 60K. I can buy a house for that much. I have a extra 6.4 lying around here too, so I was thinking about getting one of those. I dont know what I'm going to do.

They are indeed sweet rides but really, believing they already get 21+mpgs just looking at the dash, let the roomers start flying. If I make one say 30mpg does that actually mean I am getting 30mpg or do I have to get snapped back into reality and tell the truth at 17mpgs?

Definatly not believing what the Dash says.. Computers lie.. If i went by that my old '99 PSD was in the low 30's all the time, and mid 20's towing.

Just more or less was impressed overall with the whole truck, and the dash reading 21.6 on a truck that i know is getting driven hard in town on test drives was a nice site to see

Spectre32: I have been toying with the same idea, cause the 6.4ls are super nice rigs also (Love my Brothers) and you can find them in a 6spd manual

Back