$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

Pull the twins off and bolt on a nice 2.6 charger and go compete if you want to, you have all winter to come up with another charger. :rockwoot:

Spectator entrance fees? I take it this is going to be a diesel only event. Are we gonna pay the normal track admission or what?

Spectator entrance fees? I take it this is going to be a diesel only event. Are we gonna pay the normal track admission or what?

Yes, Track will collect a $10 gate fee ( or close to it) .... I'm sure if folks are paying $500 to enter and traveling all that way, the extra $10 won't kill them...lol

Diesel only??

Thats kinda what the TITLE implies!!!!:poke:

LOL

Yes, Track will collect a $10 gate fee ( or close to it) .... I'm sure if folks are paying $500 to enter and traveling all that way, the extra $10 won't kill them...lol

Diesel only??

Thats kinda what the TITLE implies!!!!:poke:

LOL

I was just checking to make sure there wasn't gonna be some kind of test and tune. So the track is ours for the day.

This is the best idea ever! I'll be there 100% for sure. My personal truck will be side lined because of those dang twins but my shop I work at might be rolling out with a sweet DirtyMax for this competition over the winter, 25 g's is well worth the $500 entrance fee. Plus we get a vendor spot, it's win win!!! You're the man Jeff!!!

I love the idea!

I can imagine a STD cab 2wd will win in theory. :)

The problem with drag racing weight rules that sucks where it's kinda more fair with sled pulling rules is that you can easily gain weight, but you can't lose weight so easily.... So having the common truck folks with a more fair hp rule kinda isn't so fair.

From the looks of it, it's the norm that all 2.6 charger trucks will have very similar HP, it's not like it's a new thing having a 2.6 charger or to tune one. So the lightest truck with the most traction will win. you can count out a mega cab....

Now, if your guys wanna think about the sled pulling rules.. make the lighter guys weight up to 7200#. Heck, they'll have better traction with an extra 1000# in the bed.

Last edited:
I was just checking to make sure there wasn't gonna be some kind of test and tune. So the track is ours for the day.

Gary Ray is working on this.. Not sure of the answer just yet..

When will the official date be announced?

Same as Above..Gary is working on this and I promise I will post it just as soon as possible..

If he goes by when I told him I'll be off, it'll be Feb. 18-19 OR March 4-5...

But do NOT quote me on that just yet...

Now with that turbo rule...what about 6.4 fords? I'm thinking Rudy in particular.

Thats a very good point

Well Jeff had to just make the call and he did...

He made the rules so even I couldn't compete, so its not personal...It just is what it is..

You can either meet the rules and come race or you can be a spectator like me....

Just the way it is....Jeff wasn't trying to exclude Fords...lol

Gary Ray is working on this.. Not sure of the answer just yet..

Same as Above..Gary is working on this and I promise I will post it just as soon as possible..

If he goes by when I told him I'll be off, it'll be Feb. 18-19 OR March 4-5...

But do NOT quote me on that just yet...

sounds good. thanks!!

Well Jeff had to just make the call and he did...

He made the rules so even I couldn't compete, so its not personal...It just is what it is..

You can either meet the rules and come race or you can be a spectator like me....

Just the way it is....Jeff wasn't trying to exclude Fords...lol
I think you're cutting out some competitive trucks by doing that....

I wont miss this one for the world , Awesome idea guys , should be wicked racing , and would love to support this race , location ? or was it already posted ?

I think you're cutting out some competitive trucks by doing that....

Yup!! I agree...

So does Pro Street, So does Quick Diesel, So does Super Street, So does Pro Stock

You can NOT please everyone... Its just life man...

First time out.....Lets give it a chance....

I wont miss this one for the world , Awesome idea guys , should be wicked racing , and would love to support this race , location ? or was it already posted ?

Braedenton (sp?) FL

Temps will be cool and at Sea Level!! GREAT for making HP!!!
Hope to meet ya there Trent!!

If they put on a single 66 they are not cut out.:Cheer:

Ding Ding!!

I'd love to race but I have twins.. So do they...
I'll just watch then ..... I'm still diggin it!!!

:Cheer:

Back