Lly throwing about 100 dtc codes

nspence

Okay so I have a 05 lly with a ppe programmer on it running it on level 2 so the other I day I was going down the road and the truck threw a engine light and went into limp mode checked the codes on the ppe and it read about 100 codes cleared them truck ran fine for bout 2 miles then did the same thing again has any one had this happen before I'm thinking maybe something electrical

Check the wiring harness that goes over the alternator. They are known to chafe there.

Okay I'm going to take the tune off and check the harness wen I get home I'll update later thanks guys

Okay srry it's been a while I've been super busy but I took the programmer off ran good for about 3 miles then went into limp mode again I'm going to look at all connectors tonight I'm thinking maybe I'm getting low fuel rail pressure

Are you being serious that it's setting about 100 codes? If that's actually the case then you are probably loosing a 5 volt reference somewhere. Are there any "u" codes (loss of communication).

as stated above the harness by the generator like to rub threw, but that doesn't usually set as many codes as your talking about.

When it does it do all of the codes in the system say failed current? I know it'll be a real PIA to post all of them but can you post the codes that are failing current on that ignition cycle? That'd give us a better idea of where to start looking.

Has there been any recent work done to the truck?

No work done recently but here are the codes off my ppe programmer 0205 2149 484d 5258 5e64 6a70 767c 8288 8e94 9aa0 a6ac b2b8 bec4 cad0 d6dc e2e8 eef4 fa00 060c 1218 1e24 2a30 363c 4248 4e54 5a60 667c 7278 7e84 8a90 969c a2a8 aeb4 bac0 c6cc d2d8 dee4 eaf0 f6fc and the list keeps going on

I figure it to be a short in the ECM. Probably best to take it to a shop that can properly diagnose it for you.

Check the injector connectors on #2 and #8 injectors. Passenger rear and driver front. Clear the codes, Let the truck idle, get out and wiggle both of those connectors. See if it goes into Limp mode.

99% of the codes you listed are not codes. I'm not sure if the PPE reads codes different? The P2149 is the reason I'm wanting you to check those two injector connectors. Very common on an LLY. You can get a kit from gm that comes with updated connectors and a couple brackets to help reduce the chance of it happening again. 98017958 is the gm part number.

If that doesn't fix it, Fallow TheBac's advice.

It's inj #2(driver front) and inj #7(pass rear). Check each bale connector as well.

Hmm, didnt think that it could be the 2/7 harness, what with all the other stuff going on. Good call, smokinVE.

I've had the harness rub that goes down the driver front of the engine But it would short the 5v and throw full rail and show no oil pressure. Not the same as your problem but one more spot to check.

Sorry I haven't been on in a wile it ended up being a injector clip was broken so the connector would back off and throw the truck into limp mode

Back