Kill switch for 06?

Diesel87

O.S.D.P.
I'm pulling this weekend for the first time. The rules are if you have a twins setup you have to have a break away kill switch of some kind. I searched it but could not find anything with much info. I've been reading about a wire tap on the ECM fuse. Anybody have any suggestions or a link I can go to?

this will work for any type of electronic kill and uses a ground wire to do so. i believe the wire you want to kill is the wire going from the stud on the fuse block to the ecm. i think thats main ecm power on the 06 trucks.

Electronic Kill Switch With Breakaway Box
Breakaway Box
Napa Part # - UP 89102
Automotive Relay
Napa Part # - MPE AR272SB
Automotive Relay Base
Napa Part # - TEM 207648
85 - Connect straight to the battery.
86 - Connects to a wire on the Breakaway Box, The other wire on the Breakaway Box connects to ground.
30 - Connects to the wire to be killed on the power side. (FROM FUSE BLOCK)
87a - Connects to the wire to be killed on the load side. (ECM/IGNITION)
87 – Connects to the power wire of the light in cab. Other wire from the light to ground.
The relay is not energized so therefore the fuse link gets power through the relay’s normally closed contacts, 30 & 87a on a standard relay. When the breakaway plug is pulled out it grounds the relay’s coil thus energizing it so it switches the power from 87a to 87 which illuminates the light in the cab letting the driver know that the kill switch is engaged.

Attachments

• rsz_kill_switch_2.jpg
    rsz_kill_switch_2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
Back