Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > SwitchBlade Turbos
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #41
smokinVE

Name: smokinVE
Title: $$+VE=NO HP
Member`s Gallery
What do you need to know to tell me how it will work? I know injector sizes, pump cc's. I have head work done, drive train should be bullet proof with the power levels I'm dealing with. Sell me on your product. Unless you are going to give me a smokin deal to be a beta tester for first gens.....but truth be told 99% of us are cheap old men that are happy with 300 horse.

If you don't like thongs, I'm not sure I want to deal with your company! .

Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #42
smokinVE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
One word.... Crocs!
I go with socks and Jesus boots!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
Gwoody

Name: Gwoody
Title: Switchblade Turbos
Member`s Gallery
I know where I can borrow a pair!!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #44
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinVE View Post
I go with socks and Jesus boots!

Or socks and crocs FTW
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Last edited by zstroken; 11-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
Gwoody

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinVE View Post
What do you need to know to tell me how it will work? I know injector sizes, pump cc's. I have head work done, drive train should be bullet proof with the power levels I'm dealing with. Sell me on your product. Unless you are going to give me a smokin deal to be a beta tester for first gens.....but truth be told 99% of us are cheap old men that are happy with 300 horse.

If you don't like thongs, I'm not sure I want to deal with your company! .
$1789 is already a smokin deal!! Where else can you buy a turbo and them tell you if your not satisified to return it wihin 30 days for a full refund????

Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #46
Gwoody

Member`s Gallery
There used to be a guy around here that wore socks with crocks, craziest thing you ever seen, !

Old 11-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoody View Post
There used to be a guy around here that wore socks with crocks, craziest thing you ever seen, !

Well Crocs with socks, just rock!
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #48
smokinVE

Member`s Gallery
I didn't say it wasn't a deal. I know a decent amount about my engine, about the fuel it has/capability it also has. The pump is way detuned from its ability due to my lack of air. I was wanting to know what you needed information about? Obviously my limited rpm and low rpm fuel are a major factor in air for my engine. If you can't help me that is 100% ok and no hard feeling from my side, I'm just asking questions. As I said in my earlier post, I want to stay with a single, but I'm sure the real answer is a set of small compounds.

I already had the intentions of a 4202/351 set, but a buddy sent me a link to your product and wanted to know more information. I understand you have never worked with a ve, like most, but I still figured I'd ask. What ever information you need to know I probably have, or can find out. I'm 100% lost when it comes to choosing a turbocharger, that is the reason I asked.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #49
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
To smokinve
I think its like any aftermarket part on the truck... Tune and tune and tune some more,
If guys and stick a 351ve on a truck and actuate it with air, i think this turbo, being engineered should do way better, especially if its a 63 or 66mm inducer on a 9cm housing (closed up)...that thing should light like a champ!
That and he is giving you a money back guarantee.. You can't beat that!
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #50
smokinVE

Member`s Gallery
Re reading my posts I have come across as asking for something I'm aware this company has never delt with. I apologise for that. Thank you 24 for bringing that to my attention. I come across as "crossed" over the interweb, this is the reason I like talking to people face to face, you cannot get a feeling of what a man really means reading his writing, unless its begal.... I will try to do some research and get in touch with your company. Thank you for your time.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
No Prob from me.. I am not trying to push you into something you don't want, but it may just be the ticket you are looking for, considering guys like us don't have efi live and are rpm limited...
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #52
Cam73

Name: Cam73
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Whoops, typo, CHRA.

Any dyno runs or comparisons to how these turbos run vs small compounds?

Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #53
jimbo486

Name: jimbo486
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
especially if its a 63 or 66mm inducer on a 9cm housing (closed up)...that thing should light like a champ!
That's what I'm thinking! 63/68/9-18cm would work well! Plus, all kinds of room under a 1st gen hood!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #54
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoody View Post
We do not have one of these on a VE truck. Where are you located? I really don't think you would have a problem spooling this charger.
if it wont spool then whats the point..am i missing something?

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #55
Gwoody

Member`s Gallery
The only comparison we have with a twin set up is a customer that replaced a set of twins with this charger and he is happy with his set up. However, his issue with the twins may have been due to a lack of understanding and the patience that is required dialing in a set of twins. He wanted to be able to street race and tow with the truck. His truck ran great empty but while towing the twins took way too long to get spooled. They may have just been too large for his application.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #56
Gwoody

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
if it wont spool then whats the point..am i missing something?
Not really sure what you are saying. I was just trying to give my opinion without having ever seen the truck. I have a little experience with the VE trucks. I have a 92 that has about 400,000 on it and the pump has been turned up some. This ol truck is my wood hauler huntin mobile. It runs great for what it is. It'll tow anything my newer truck will but just maybe not as quick. I've got neighbors with VE trucks that have fewer miles and more work done to them than this ol truck that don't run near as good as this truck. I have zero experience with highly modified VE trucks but just form my limited experience with this small group of local trucks it just seems that there is a wide variation in performance. Just my perception of VE trucks, I may be wrong.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #57
Cam73

Name: Cam73
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
If nothing else, hopefully this pricing helps the turbo to catch on and we will get to see how it runs on a variety of platforms. The VGTs used by OEMs seem to leave something to be desired in performance applications, it doesnt sound that way with this design.

Does the air cylinder allow for adjustment of opening pressure?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #58
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
maybe they should send me one for testing...i do some heavy hauling..regularly over 24k...

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #59
Gwoody

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam73 View Post

Does the air cylinder allow for adjustment of opening pressure?
The electric version allows for infinite adjustment possibilities, but those come at a cost.
During some of our testing we have used air regulators and orifices to manipulate the boost pressure to the cylinder and this will affect the boost pressure at which the cylinder begins to open the vane.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #60
bwdt

Name: bwdt
Title: engineer
Member`s Gallery
Could you add a second orifice with an electric solenoid to a switch to create an exhaust brake?

I would also suggest that you put a machined flat section on the housing to rivet a plate that says "Holeset", this way us Kalifornia guys can get it through smog. All they look for is a name plate on the turbo to pass smog If they asked about the other parts we could just tell them that its an exhaust brake.
2000 LBQC 4X4 w/3:54 gears and an Allison 5 Speed Transmission, 271 TC, DT Radius Arms, Quadzilla, smarty, Hamilton 188-208 cam, 62-68/12 Turbo, High compression 19.5 to 1 pistons, 180 hp injectors, O-ringed and studded, 19.5 Rickson wheels and Tires, Buckstop bumper.

Last edited by bwdt; 11-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Closed Thread