Sled Pulling Success

StarLite Diesel

EFILive Cummins Tester
Hello Everyone! It seems i've been slacking on keeping things updated with trucks I've been working on these past couple of weeks. Turns out everything got extrememly busy and i'm finally able to poke my head out and give some updates as to progress...

It has been a great month in terms of tuning both Dodges and GMs - and getting people happy with their trucks! While not everything has went perfectly right out of the box, it seems we have been able to work through most all of the problems and get some geat results.

In our other thread "Trucks Tune so far by StarLite Diesel" I have managed to update a post or two in recent weeks about a local sled puller in work stock, and the success on his truck.

Now I want to share some of what i've been working on that isn't local or "hands on" and the success we're having with it.

Sled Pull Log 1.jpg

This particular log is from a 2007 built 5.9 for 2.6" class. Outside of that I will let the owner share the engine specifics if he chooses. This truck is pretty much a sled pull only vehicle, with a manual transmission. There were a few goals with this truck when the tuning began.... such as high RPMs, full boost by launch, etc.

So far, you'll notice that we've achieved full boost (pre-launch RPMs are a big factor here), strong fueling and a consistent, repeatable runs with this truck. You will also notice we've identified a potential problem/shortcoming... That the truck is running out of fuel (rail pressure actual (FPA) is less than desired (FPD))... So - this has been causing some issues achieving all the goals with the truck, but just to share a bit more about this particular log and what it represents - this was a 5th gear pull, 4-low... top speed of 39 MPH! These pulls were more of a 'fun run' (testing / playing) which worked out great for testing in order to get some good results and make multiple runs...

So, while the log might not seem overly impressive - what this log is showing you is a very strong pull... Here is the video.
Anyhow - just wanted to share some accomplishments and to let everyone know i'm still around and thanks for your patience with me! Lots going on - hopefully I haven't missed anyone! I'll have more updates on these sled pull trucks as well as a few hitting the track here real soon.

StarLite Diesel tuned truck of SBS Diesel wins again! Seld pulling for United Sled pullers occurred in Malad Idaho this weekend - and once again Gary and his truck came out on top - by 21 feet over the 2nd place truck!

I don't have video of it this time as i was not present however the truck ran great and really layed down the power to win once again. More success storeis to come soon! Sled pulling this coming weekend for more StarLite Diesel tuned Dodges - then it'll be time to start getting some good data logging done at the race track and dyno! Got some big trucks coming up!

Gary achieved yet another first place victory last night in Tremonton - out of a field of 26 trucks!

Gary, of SBS diesel and his truck now seem to be the target of the work stock class. We heard rumors that we are using modified 'stock' turbos, as well as a couple of other nastier things. We have to laugh at this and are willing to pop the hood and prove our STOCK turbo while others get quiet if this challenge is even posed in their direction. These kinds of things are what bum me out about competition - however life goes on and so will our winning!

I will get videos of the pull up and posted a little later. He won over our friend Trevor by mere inches, instead of yards like he's been doing the last few pulls - but the win is his never the less!

He attributes the win, yet again, to his EFILive tuning which has remained unchanged in his truck for the past 4 weeks (daily driven with the same tune as he uses to pull the sled to victory the past month).

More updates to come!

Well, slowly but surely i'm getting around to updating this thread. My aplogies...

Here are the links to the videos of Garys Truck:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOA8zUb5wGQ"]Tremonton 1st Place[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW84Ab69Z40"]Rock Springs 2nd Place[/ame]

Another truck back east (don't have the videos of Derek's pulls yet) took first place in 2.8 and 2nd place in 2.6 class this weekend (he is a built 2.6 truck)

My truck - built and in the Super Street class (3.2") from this weekend in Rock Springs - First place:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfWJtRY6dE"]Rock Springs - Super Street - First Place[/ame]

More to come!

Here is Dereks Truck - a 2.8 victory this past weekend as well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1EzyAZPuM"]Derek Parker - 2.8 First Place pull[/ame]

Still waiting on videos from Steven and to hear about his triumphs this past weekend too from back east... had some big changes going into that truck this past week :Cheer:

Got some new videos up on YouTube .....

Lots of pulling and videos uploaded the past few weeks. Most recent is this weekend, from the NADM / Weekend on the Edge event.

I have racing videos still to get uploaded.... stay tuned!

Finally got some results and videos of the BIG RPMS in Dereks truck from sled pulling. He had a big event this weekend and pulled 5 times in different classes. Worst finish between the nights was 3rd place.... Listen to the RPMs now made possible by full fueling via EFILive!

First place 2.6...
Third Place 2.6...

Last edited:
Good job Zach and Derek! Can't see what you guys can do next.

Derek was competing against 2 other trucks in both classes running EFILive Beta fueling tables, so all in all a clean sweep for the EFILive Beta tables!

Cheers
Cindy

Another victory for Gary Conor of SBS Diesel with StarLite Diesel custom tuning!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PypD3b8f_Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PypD3b8f_Y[/ame]

Work Stock winner by 16 feet!

I am also waiting on video from 2 other trucks not previously posted that have had victory's in the past 2 weeks with StarLite Diesel custom tuning!

Back