Shop toolbox

chris lang

Needing a new box set up. Not needing top of the line NASCAR shop set up but enough to keep my organized in a truck shop.

I've been wanting a lista, particularly this
http://www.strictlytoolboxes.com/all-toolbox/toolboxes-by-manufacturer/all-lista-toolboxes/lista-tool-boxes-roller-cabinet-56inch-14-drawer.html

But I can get student discount on snap on and I've been looking at this
http://store.snapon.com/KRA5318-Series-Roll-Cabs-Roll-Cab-Triple-Bank-Heritage-Gloss-Black-P743084.aspx

I've always like the lista boxes but I can get snap on at the fraction of the price. What would you guys suggest? Open to all quality brands.

That looks like a great set up. I've never used a Mac box though. How are the drawers? Ill be moving quite a bit so having them not open is important.

Im not a snap on fan boy, but I can get them at 50% off! I've had decent luck with snap on. Boxes I used worked like they were supposed to, and most of my so tools never gave me problems. I did however have a probes with my buddies fancy electronic torque wrench...5th or 6th time being used (mostly by me) randomly ****s the bed. Lifetime warranty...not on the electronics....

I would look used. I purchased a Matco 4s for half of what a new one cost online. I found a company on eBay that deals with boxes people could not pay for. Check eBay 1ststatetools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look used. I purchased a Matco 4s for half of what a new one cost online. I found a company on eBay that deals with boxes people could not pay for. Check eBay 1ststatetools

I just checked for it and no luck. Would I have to be under ebay motors?

I'm not sure how to find stores on EBay. I have them set up as a seller I follow. For reference check eBay ad: 360825705811 that will show a box they are selling. It's a Matco double bank box. Let me know if you can't find it.

Buy used....you can get a snap on KRL1022 that sells off the truck for about $8K, usually for less than $3K. I've bought very nice ones with stainless tops for $22-2500. Cash talks ;)

Chris

Buy used....you can get a snap on KRL1022 that sells off the truck for about $8K, usually for less than $3K. I've bought very nice ones with stainless tops for $22-2500. Cash talks ;)

Chris

Great advice. It took me a week of negotiating with the people I listed but they did come down from their posted prices. Cash and not having to pay eBay fees will convince the seller.

Have you looked at the snap on krsc46? They call it a cart but is bigge than most single bank roll cabs. Gets great reviews. I believe it is part of the student program. I have a snap on krl1022 in extreme green and have been very happy with it.

^ive been wanting the 2400$ version of that. its 1/2 the storage of a single bank 13 draw box, for 1/3 the price.

unfortunatly they are 6-8 week lead time

Have you looked at the snap on krsc46? They call it a cart but is bigge than most single bank roll cabs. Gets great reviews. I believe it is part of the student program. I have a snap on krl1022 in extreme green and have been very happy with it.

I have one, as does one of my techs. Nice boxes with a lot of storage for the size. You can buy them from $7-850 off craigslist and ebay, and they are like new usually.

Chris

the krsc326? or the Krsc246?

I see lots of the smaller 326's on CL for cheep, if I saw one of the 246's i'd scoop it up

4s boxes are affordable used and have great drawers. Use mine every day at work and it's awesome.

y6u2esus.jpg

Back