Vband cac tubes on stock mounts

97rada

I am looking to run vbands on all of my cac pipes. Has anyone ran into problems with breaking welds. What bellows are people using ect. Wanting to not have problems with this setup.
Thanks
42d54a23cd20f928d0283123a995ed13.jpg

I would not V-band both sides of the pipe coming out of the turbo feeding the intercooler. You need some wiggle room, and that's why you might be breaking your welds. Just my opinion.

I'm not an expert in this area by any means but wouldn't you need solid engine mounts to do so? Not sure if bellows would allow enough misalignment otherwise.

Vibrant seems to be a popular high quality choice though.

I would not V-band both sides of the pipe coming out of the turbo feeding the intercooler. You need some wiggle room, and that's why you might be breaking your welds. Just my opinion.

Only reason I have couplers still. All of my aramid couplers seem to be holding up well.

I was planning on a bellow of some sort to take some of the abuse. Just want really secure tubes. Was thinking of a vband at the Cooler and a boot after the bend into the cooler

Were running a v band off the charger to a flex bellow with a boot off the intercooler.

Not done yet. Waiting on manifold. Lyn is the one who suggested this setup, I couldn't find a fancy vibrant clamp that I thought would work for me.

I vbanded the outlet on my secondary, 3" straight coupler off that to another stainless pipe and then to a 3-3.5" straight coupler. Been holding over 100psi that way. I switched both intercooler couplers to straights. Seemed to have solved my exploding 45*s.

Bellows help but they are far too stiff to count on them 100% IMO. Napa radiator hose, good clamps, and a strap is always a pretty dependable setup.

So why not go all the way with them? No more popped boots, and you already know how they work. I will agree on them being a pain to assemble though.

So why not go all the way with them? No more popped boots, and you already know how they work. I will agree on them being a pain to assemble though.

If I did solid mounts I would have just done vbands. I need solid mounts though. I will have straps on the boots. I hated doing it but it is what it is

The boots are used since they offer a wider range of movement, in the commercial use at least. What kind of bellow were you thinking of using? It's been our experience that bellows pipe like this:

http://www.grpipes.com/catalogs/GrandRock2015v2i1.pdf (pg90 on the PDF)

Have a very limited range, and it's only in 1 direction really. Bellows like this will break when it exceeds that range of motion. I think it's been documented here the lengths we offer are 3 degree of movement. I would have to double check that for sure.

The shorter the bellow, the less range it has obviously. I suppose knowing how much this stuff will move while it's under power would tell you the best set up to use?

Just my $.02

Back