Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > 6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesel Discuss the 6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesels here

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
patracy

Name: patracy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Looking for a turbo manifold or 6.5 Van setup

I've got a 6.2 in a HMMWV I'd like to turbo. The only options are a complete 6.5 van setup and swapping in my mechanical pump. Or from what I've gathered, I could probably get a banks sidewinder kit to work or a ATS kit to work. But only the kits that place the turbo to the far right hand corner of the engine. Anyone have anything?
And a few military trucks

Old 01-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
RXT

Name: RXT
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I know this post is a few months old, but I'd thought I'd chime in. I'm gonna guess that any kits that were made for the 6.2 Humvees are pretty rare now. Maybe, and it's a long shot, one might pop up on ebay. But I wouldn't hold my breath. What I would do in your situation is find maybe an H1C off of an early first gen Cummins and someone who can weld you up some tubes for the intake and exhaust sides, build some type of mount and a means to hook up your oil lines. If there is someone who can custom make a twin turbo set-up for a Cummins, or Duramax, it should be no problem for them to hook up a somewhat remote single turbo, so long as there is room for it.

Ed

Closed Thread