Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > MISHIMOTO
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #21
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada5.9 View Post
Thanks for the information.
Absolutely!
 
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
cetanefreek

Name: cetanefreek
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Idaho
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Thanks! Our hose follows the OEM routing which is through the serpentine belt just like the factory design.

I would be happy to answer any other questions!

Thanks
-John
Are you planning to do any of the Excursion style? Just me but if I'm buying a new hose I'm sure going to go with the one that doesn't go through the belt. Seems ridiculous to me to have to dump the coolant just to change a belt.

I do realize the 7.3 market segment is pretty small but I had to ask. Looking forward to running some of your stuff on my other project.
 
Old 05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
Kronk
 
Kronk's Avatar

Name: Kronk
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Absolutely!
I went to your website. I am interested in any data/testing comparing the OEM radiator to your unit for a 6.7 cummins.

Besides the superior build quality what are other pros when considering a replacement for the OEM? Thank you
 
Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetanefreek View Post
Are you planning to do any of the Excursion style? Just me but if I'm buying a new hose I'm sure going to go with the one that doesn't go through the belt. Seems ridiculous to me to have to dump the coolant just to change a belt.

I do realize the 7.3 market segment is pretty small but I had to ask. Looking forward to running some of your stuff on my other project.
With all of the requests we have received for this specific hose kit I think it is certainly a future possibility. Unfortunately I am unable to offer a time frame or guarantee its production quite yet. I will speak with a few folks here and follow up on the forum with updates!

Thanks for the information and inquiry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
I went to your website. I am interested in any data/testing comparing the OEM radiator to your unit for a 6.7 cummins.

Besides the superior build quality what are other pros when considering a replacement for the OEM? Thank you
Great I would be happy to help. To start with our radiator is a full aluminum design which provides increased reliability and durability. The aluminum construction will also aid in heat dissipation which will increase cooling efficiency. This will be especially helpful while towing or carrying a large load. With the amount of miles diesel trucks have been known to drive for it is safe to say the radiator will need to be replaced numerous times. The extended durability of the Mishimoto radiator will reduce/eliminate this and we back our products with a lifetime warranty.

Unfortunately we do not currently have any reports with data from our testing of this radiator.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
 
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
As promised we have two additional engineering reports available!

The first report summarizes our data collection for the Mishimoto 2003-2009 5.9L/6.7L Cummins Intercooler. Check it out!

Click the image to open in full size.

Engineering Report

Click the image to open in full size.

Next up is the Mishimoto 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Intercooler.

Click the image to open in full size.

Engineering Report

Click the image to open in full size.

As you can see our coolers exhibit a much larger core volume. This results in increased flow and lower IATs. Our coolers also show improvements in pressure loss compared to factory coolers.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks
-John
 
Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
SuperDave4x4
 
SuperDave4x4's Avatar

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Luling, Louisiana
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 3,408
Yall do some fine work! I know where I'll be getting my intercooler boots at..
__________________
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc
Photos

 
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #27
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave4x4 View Post
Yall do some fine work! I know where I'll be getting my intercooler boots at..
Thanks!

 
Old 05-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
All our product pages include a video installation guide as well as a video explaining the features and benefits of the product. Feel free to check them out! Below is the installation guide video for the 2006-2010 Duramax intercooler.


Thanks!
 
Old 06-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
roachie
 
roachie's Avatar

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 11,133
Are there any plans for a 2nd gen dodge intercooler?
__________________
99 F250____sold (to a ninja)
01 F250____Mexican F150
04 F350____Fat boy
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #30
getblown5.9
 
getblown5.9's Avatar

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Are there any plans for a 2nd gen dodge intercooler?

I've heard rumors of some prototyping soon...but I can not confirm.
__________________
ONE PIECE AT A TIME -02 Dodge Ram 2500-Because...Pull Truck
07 Dodge 3500 SRW Megacab Laramie- 5.9/Auto, 250,000 miles, built for longevity
 
Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Are there any plans for a 2nd gen dodge intercooler?
Thanks for the inquiry! We are very interested in this project and we are hoping to perform some R&D in the near future to get the project in motion. Unfortunately I cannot provide an exact date but I will be sure to update the community as soon as more information is available.

We are open to any other product suggestions! Feel free to make comments or ask questions.

Thanks
-John
 
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
oldblue116
 
oldblue116's Avatar

Name: oldblue116
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finleyville pa
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Thanks for the inquiry! We are very interested in this project and we are hoping to perform some R&D in the near future to get the project in motion. Unfortunately I cannot provide an exact date but I will be sure to update the community as soon as more information is available.

We are open to any other product suggestions! Feel free to make comments or ask questions.

Thanks
-John
I think alot of guys can back me on this, there will be a big market for second gen dodge intercoolers. The factory ones are poor quality. I have see/heard of more than one fail on stock trucks.
__________________
02 dodge ecsb. To have fun with.
01 dodge ecsb. To tow the 02 with.

Thanks to Mumau diesel
 
Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #33
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue116 View Post
I think alot of guys can back me on this, there will be a big market for second gen dodge intercoolers. The factory ones are poor quality. I have see/heard of more than one fail on stock trucks.
Great to hear! Thanks for the input. Hopefully we can get this going as soon as possible.

Thanks
 
Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Have a great weekend everyone!
 
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #35
dixon700
 
dixon700's Avatar

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DuBois, Pa
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 680
I found a deal I couldn't pass up on one of your intercoolers. $881 at xdp after a coupon code. I got one in black. :thumbsup:
__________________
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz
 
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #36
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon700 View Post
I found a deal I couldn't pass up on one of your intercoolers. $881 at xdp after a coupon code. I got one in black. :thumbsup:
Awesome! I am excited to hear your results and opinions. Feel free to shoot me a PM once you have it installed.

Thanks
 
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
jordanjames81
 
jordanjames81's Avatar

Name: jordanjames81
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: marion, ky
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 3,411
checking things out
__________________
Hidden Valley Diesel Performance
BD Diesel Performance
Industrail Injection
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Last edited by jordanjames81; 06-12-2013 at 10:13 AM.
 
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #38
iker42
 
iker42's Avatar

Name: iker42
Title: Hmm...
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Easton, PA
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by getblown5.9 View Post
I've heard rumors of some prototyping soon...but I can not confirm.
Yep! Getblown5.9 got my radiator that Mishimoto built for me. Glad to have it going into an AWESOME truck. Glad to see you've finally made it to CompD, Welcome Mishimoto.

Since I'm not in the West Chester area anymore for test fitting for the intercoolers, you should probably shoot Getblown a message and test fit his trucks. Stand up guy who will give you all the feedback and quality information you need.
__________________
Michael "Dex" Brown - KCCO My Friend.
10/7/1987-6/2/2012
 
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjames81 View Post
checking things out
Sent a PM your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker42 View Post
Yep! Getblown5.9 got my radiator that Mishimoto built for me. Glad to have it going into an AWESOME truck. Glad to see you've finally made it to CompD, Welcome Mishimoto.

Since I'm not in the West Chester area anymore for test fitting for the intercoolers, you should probably shoot Getblown a message and test fit his trucks. Stand up guy who will give you all the feedback and quality information you need.
Thank you for the welcome and the assistance during test fitting! I will contact Getblown and see if he would be interested.

Thanks
 
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #40
dixon700
 
dixon700's Avatar

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DuBois, Pa
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Awesome! I am excited to hear your results and opinions. Feel free to shoot me a PM once you have it installed.

Thanks
Results will be hard to compare seeing as how my stock intercooler is blowing like a blow gun at just 30psi. I'll let everybody know my results anyway.
__________________
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2018, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com