Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
coon smile

Name: coon smile
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
bolt on cam gear for +4K rpm??

Old 07-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #22
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon smile View Post
Good Point and cheap insurance!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon smile View Post
Not something that you have to have but, if your doing the swap its worth the money.

The helical cut on the gear train tries to "walk" the cam gear off the cam snout through the timing cover. In a stock appication its almost a non issue and an extemly rare occurance. A built P-pump takes alot of power to turn, it will increase the amount of presure pushing on the cam gear substatialy. It can push the gear right off the cam.

If your gonna run a 13mm pump or a heavily modded 12mm a billet cam is highly recomended. A quick release of the throttle can cause the cam to break from the RPM and pressure they put on them.

I believe hamiton has a cast cam that will hold up too that abuse though. Dont quote me on that.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
SootKing

Name: SootKing
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
anybody know if there is any mods available for the 12v tps ? my truck is shifting funny from 1-2, even with a billet trans.
P-pumped 02 graphite,fass 95, KMC ambush 22's,CPP 7x.012's,S&B, Fleece s366, rebuilt 215 p pump, 4gsk, laser cut dv's, 24 degree timing, street cam, DSS and solid steel 3rd gen trac bar, leveled, Fleece full suncoast transmission, HID's

Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #25
FosterW

Name: FosterW
Title: How Now Brown Cow
Member`s Gallery
Lets stress that you should have a good understanding of the 24v and espically the 12v fuel system operation and troubleshooting. I cant count how many times I see guys trying to tackle this conversion themselves when they dont have much experience or knowledge of the fuel systems.
Get all the right information first. And remember, it will take some tuning to get these to run correctly, so don't get discouraged just because it doesnt run exactly the way you want the first time you drive it.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
JFlagg

Name: JFlagg
Title: Gun for Hire
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterW View Post
Lets stress that you should have a good understanding of the 24v and espically the 12v fuel system operation and troubleshooting. I cant count how many times I see guys trying to tackle this conversion themselves when they dont have much experience or knowledge of the fuel systems.
Get all the right information first. And remember, it will take some tuning to get these to run correctly, so don't get discouraged just because it doesnt run exactly the way you want the first time you drive it.
Good point, the p7100 takes alittle more fine tuning to run perfect.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #27
CL2000

Name: CL2000
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Tps Wiring

Here are pics so you can see how to wire the 12v tps. You will use wire 3,4 and 5 from the wiring harness
Attached Images
File Type: gif 12v tps.gif (10.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 24v tps.jpg (32.6 KB, 39 views)

Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #28
baprewitt

Name: baprewitt
Title: Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
Anyone got some advice for me as how to take the jumpyness/quick throttle response out of my 01 ppumped 24v. bumps and 1-3 gear are pretty darn touchy on the throttle. stiffer spring? 2 springs? advice?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #29
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
That and loosen up the GOV springs.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #30
Highfinance97

Name: Highfinance97
Title: Garofalo Enterprises
Member`s Gallery
How about cummins part numbers to make it easier for some to purchase new parts (i.e Brackets,linkage and what not)

Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #31
j-rod

Name: j-rod
Title: Up to no good
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfinance97 View Post
How about cummins part numbers to make it easier for some to purchase new parts (i.e Brackets,linkage and what not)
IIRC Cummins is not producing the linkage anymore. Seems I heard this from a fellow member that talked with Jeff (Snedge).

14 CC LB
99 QC LB
01 TDI

Old 02-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
ILLINOISRAM

Name: ILLINOISRAM
Title: INLINE INSANITY
Member`s Gallery
I dont know if they are pruducing them but they are still redilly available. I bought my kit from Scheids and it come with all cummins parts on a box that had a cummins sticker that said throttle kit or something like that. I also order the bent rod, ball socket ends and new ball studs for another truck and didnt have problems getting them.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #33
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod View Post
IIRC Cummins is not producing the linkage anymore. Seems I heard this from a fellow member that talked with Jeff (Snedge).

Not true. They are available. I just don't stock the stuff, maybe I was misunderstood. It happens.

Here is a short list

3933291 T oil feed
3925377 spring
3931510 spring
3931559 P7100 bracket ( mounts to the side of the pump)
3931569 lever bell crank
3932222 screw (2)
3900629 Bolt (6)
3932317 (throttle control rod with ends)
3933130 Spring

That should pretty much cover you as far as the Cummins stuff goes.
Two different variations. I'll try to find the pic that shows the TPS. And a part # later

Last edited by Snedge; 01-06-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
Highfinance97

Name: Highfinance97
Title: Garofalo Enterprises
Member`s Gallery
Jeff....You're the FUCHING man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #35
Cummalong

Name: Cummalong
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
how do i get ahold of the guys at eat soot? anywere else to gat that restriced fitting?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #36
bcool

Name: bcool
Title: Too Drunk To Drive
Member`s Gallery
I figured I'd post this here as well since i didn't really see anything about it in this thread.

Solenoid Wiring:

Black: Ground
Red: Hold-In low current
White: Pull-In high current

Grounding:
I would suggest starting off building a new ground strap/wire for the relay, the ECU, and the Solenoid (Preferably 10ga or 12ga wire) tapped onto the the existing ground strap on the front drivers side corner of the engine bay. That way it gives you a clean chassis and battery ground. My dash started giving me errors and no gauges because with my new bracket for my ECU wasnt properly grounded, so i would suggest running a ground strap to it.

Hold-in
I used the existing key on power wire out of the stock VP44 plug harness for the hold position. If you look through the wires on the plug it should be the Red wire with a green tracer (at least this is what it is on my 99 (take a second and check with your voltmeter.

Pull-in and relay
I tapped the starter trigger wire; it's REALLY easy to find since the plug for it is just clipped to the fuse box in the engine bay, it should be a brown wire coming out of the sheath of the positive starter cable. Just run a branch off of that to your relay of choice. I used a 30A generic relay from schucks. I would suggest tapping a positive power wire out of the fuse box on the fused side of the main line coming into it for the solenoid.

If I find a digital camera to use i'll try to get some pics up (mine came to an unfortunate and very early fate at a game of drunken miniature basketball).

-Brendan

Old 04-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #37
mokerz

Name: mokerz
Title: Motivated
Member`s Gallery
great thread! Lots of good info.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #38
Tate

Name: Tate
Title: What?
Member`s Gallery
How to find TDC using the drop valve method

Remove valve cover. Bar engine watching the rockers on the #6 cylinder. When the exhaust begins to close and intake is just cracking open, stop. That is close to TDC on exhaust, which means #1 is close to TDC on compression. Back engine up a bit. Install dial on intake valve, use lash adjuster to run the valve down 0.100" Bar engine forward until you deflect the dial a couple thou. I go to .002". Mark damper. Back the engine up a bit so you're not pressing against the valve. Adjust the rocker so the valve closes. Bar the engine well past TDC. Set the valve back down 0.100". Bar the engine backwards until you deflect the dial again to the amount you used before. Mark the damper. Measure the center of these marks, that is your TDC.

Don't do it on the exhaust stroke. At TDC, both valves are moving, which means your marks will be at different distances away from true TDC. It might not be out much, but why not do it properly when its only on revolution away? Likewise, this method requires no disassembly, only have to lash on valve to be back up and running.

My p-pump conversion pics

Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #39
bsmith

Name: bsmith
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Something I forgot:

Oil Feed line

The P7100 is oil lubricated. To do the swap you will need a oil line "T" and line. The "T" is oem for a 12V. You will also need the too connect the pump to the oil supply. It is a -4an line, will also need a line to go from the "T" to the power steering pump.

The OEM inlet of the P-pump is blocked by the head. Luckily the pump has 2 inlets. The other is on the drivers side of the pump. The original inlet needs to be blocked, It uses an 1/8 NPT IIRC.

The secondary feed is a different thread, you will need a special fitting with a restricor. They can be found here. http://www.shop.eatsoot.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

They also have the cam sensor braket for the 01-02's.

Did everyone buy this fitting?

RIP DEX

2001 2500 2wd
Diesel pro's cam
Walbro 392
Goff diesel injection
160hp pump
6x.013's by Weston
HTT 62/71/13 over FI 82/92/1.10
Levi's turbo blankets!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #40
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Nice write up guys!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Closed Thread