Your setup plus dyno numbers V.2 VP ONLY

1998 dodge 3500 24 valve vp44 with nv4500
port and polish cylinder head, heavy duty valve springs, high performance valve job
stage 2 mikes monster pump, stage 2 hurricane injectors, fass 150, edge comp drag box, cheetah turbo from fleece
put down 551hp and just under 1100 torque

The green goblin laid down 351hp and 956 back in 09 when it was a vp truck. Just a set of diesel dawg 150's and hitech programmer. 321hp with just the injectors.

Then 453 and 1156 with the 12v

Dyno for Dex 2.0 May 10th Tulsa raceway park

Last edited:
Will have new numbers in 2 weeks after the dyno for dex on my current dodge

Dyno for Dex 2.0 May 10th Tulsa raceway park

2000 one ton 4x4
Nv4500
Silver 66/480 compounds
Monster Mike VP
6x16 injectors
Smarty/drag comp stack
Gasket matched exhaust ports
Hamilton valve springs and push rods
Stock lines/ .093 connecting tubes
South bend 3600 dual disc

723hp/ (can't remember torque, will have to find my old dyno sheet) on mustang dyno in marble falls, tx.

772 fuel only, 921 on 1 stage nx
7x.014
SO vp44
Custom Redline Race Module
188/220 hami cam
SB 66mm/ S4TBB 88mm

Monster stg 2, 6x13, crappy 64/crappy 76. stock head. Stock cam. Redline 711/1648 fuel, 835/1698 spray and I still blacked out the ARS booth in Arvada. Find it on YouTube search jakeydiesel12.

Last edited:
I don't understand how some trucks can run so well with SOVP's. It blows me away! I haven't dyno'd with the compounds, but I never made over 650 even with a monster pump (with a single 467).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand how some trucks can run so well with SOVP's. It blows me away! I haven't dyno'd with the compounds, but I never made over 650 even with a monster pump (with a single 467).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few if any big HP number VP44 trucks run at the track and actually back up their big numbers.... Excluding 8UPRACIN, his fuel-only trap speed is spot-on!!! I think what you're discovering/uncovering in threads like this is that every dyno varies by leaps and bounds... +/- 40% or more.

Our dyno is fairly conservative/tight with the uncorrected numbers, but I feel it's too generous with the 16% to 18% correction factor it typically calls for from the on-board weather station data.

Todd's truck in this video is running a nasty billet cam 13mm pump from Kevin @ Northeast. With the pump set to maximum delivery, we're talking 950cc's, watch the fuel clean up. Now there are other factors like 140+ psi boost coming in at just 120*F due to the awesome water/air cooler (big air), restrictive 5x025" injectors which are definitely limiting fuel delivery (could be holding back 100 to 200 cc's of the pump's output), but this is right at 1300 real HP on our dyno as it sits, watch the video and tell me what it would make on a generous dyno..... LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zrx362yze8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zrx362yze8[/ame]

Last edited:
Well my truck originally had a HRVP, was told it was an old Monster pump and it might be, and was out of fuel bad on the top end. I swapped my good SO pump off my daily driver and went from running 11.90ss to 11.55 on fuel. I couldn't believe it myself. Track got really greasy and could never get it hooked up good again to make a spray pass. First time on the dyno my Comp Box somehow got bumped off. Truck made 619hp with no electronics on fuel and 687 on the bottle. Turned it on later and re-dynod and made 709, 718, 854 on one stage and 876 on both stages of an old ZEX Kit, all uncorrected . Hopefully going to try see what it'll do next month on a cooler day and try for 950ish

01 6-speed
64/70/14 industrial
120 injectors
HR pump
Edge hot
60lbs springs
Mild polished head
Studs
Fass 150

It did 540/1228 with the 120 injectors. This was with only 38lbs of boost.
The truck now has haley speed 7x.012's and fixing to change to a 6 hole setup. It feels a lot stronger with Seths inhectors but hasnt been on the dyno since. I will get updated numbers when it goes back on.

Last edited:
Well this past weekend I was able to attend the NHRDA event in Oregon and got back on Jefferson State's dyno. With the Monster pump on it made 779/1399 and then 984/1752 on the bottle. Truck ran 11.50's all day on level 1 peddling it because my cage isn't in. Turned it up once with a soft launch and went 11.41@122 on fuel only. The truck ended up pushing water most the day due to a blown head gasket but we ran it anyways. Time for a cage and slicks then we can spray it and see what'll it really run.

Well this past weekend I was able to attend the NHRDA event in Oregon and got back on Jefferson State's dyno. With the Monster pump on it made 779/1399 and then 984/1752 on the bottle. Truck ran 11.50's all day on level 1 peddling it because my cage isn't in. Turned it up once with a soft launch and went 11.41@122 on fuel only. The truck ended up pushing water most the day due to a blown head gasket but we ran it anyways. Time for a cage and slicks then we can spray it and see what'll it really run.

Congrats chris. Those are awesome numbers for any platform.

Back