06 grill in a 03 instalation

50stangpower

i read unbroken say he put his 05 grill in his truck without changing the header panel?? please enlighten me how. also truck still has 03 lights

I was a 7.3 truck with a '05 grille and old style headlights running around arcadia-ways

looked pretty sharp

The top screws right into the 4 holes that the older grille uses...what everyone is doing on the bottom is kinda cheesey....but zip ties are your friend sometimes. LOL
That's what I did...never had a problem yet.

If you leave your current bumper then you will have to trim the bottom of the 05 grille. It is like 1.75" or so. Then it will fit just fine.

Just set your old grille over the new one. Then tape it off with masking tape. Then get out a dremel tool or something similar. Then start trimming the bottom off. I would not go the full 1.75" to begin with but maybe and inch then 1.25" and keep going till it fits good. The masking tape will protect the chrome finish.

You can also buy a trimmed grille off ebay. But it is over 300 bucks... You can buy a new grille, XLT or chrome package (billet style) for around 170-190 shipped from www.powerstrokeshop.com

good luck,
Steven

50stangpower said:
160 for a 06 crhome seris from ford! thanks for the advice!

Where are you located. I have done this several time (Unbroken can vouch for me)

You can add the 05 grill but you will need to change the bumper or trim the grill.

I would hit a junk yard or salvage yard and get an 05 bumper for cheap. It should not cost you more then $100.

Now, as for as the header panel. You can keep yours and cut it up but it is easier and cleaner to replace it...junk yard or salvage $30.00

Then you will need grill,headlights and pig tails. ....

delock said:
Where are you located. I have done this several time (Unbroken can vouch for me)

You can add the 05 grill but you will need to change the bumper or trim the grill.

I would hit a junk yard or salvage yard and get an 05 bumper for cheap. It should not cost you more then $100.

Now, as for as the header panel. You can keep yours and cut it up but it is easier and cleaner to replace it...junk yard or salvage $30.00

Then you will need grill,headlights and pig tails. ....

Your right... for a hundred bucks you might beable to pick up a bumper...

But you don't have to change out the lights right now if you don't want to ...or just don't have the funds. You can cruise around with the old setup until you get newer ones. The turnsignals and lights have the same outer dimensions as the newer ones. ....

good luck,
Steven

thanks all, ended up cutting the grill because im poor! need to find the best way to sand it to make it smooth and even it up

Back