Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
blackcloudCTD95

Name: blackcloudCTD95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Dash pieces

Well, i got my first crack in the dash on the top. Now is the time to do the heater core and evap. I got a dash pad/cover but i think it looks like crap does any one make a full dash? I checked lmc and didnt see any..

When i have the dash out is there anyway to make the air volume stronger? On level 4 it feels like my old ford on level 2.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #2
24vppump59

Name: 24vppump59
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Genos and LMC both offer them.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #3
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
I don't exactly know what you're referring to as a "full dash"?

This is what I bought to replace mine:

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

I also got the "Dash Pad Reinforcement Kit":

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
GAmes

Name: GAmes
Title: Retired Apache pilot
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloudCTD95 View Post
When i have the dash out is there anyway to make the air volume stronger? On level 4 it feels like my old ford on level 2.
When you pull the heater core out you will probably find it is packed with leaves, dog hair, dirt, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:55 PM   #5
floridabob

Name: floridabob
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Just Did Mine...

My heater core was a bit crappy but was original in my 96.

The evap cores take a beating: Mine was packed with junk and had some ants living in it...and it was only 8 years old.

I bought my dash from LMC which was the ABS non oem model for about $275 and it went in smoothly. Bought the anti-squeak kit and the torque washers to keep the screws from damaging the new dash. Also got the bezel.

I had zero luck finding what I think of as the dash base: which has the passenger side vents built into it and to which most things mount/screw. Mine had a few small cracks we repaired.

Overall very happy with the fit and finish of the product and the color match--mine was gray.

We also installed some sound deadening material in the whole cab including behind the dash on the firewall. Huge difference.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #6
tornado112

Name: tornado112
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAmes View Post
When you pull the heater core out you will probably find it is packed with leaves, dog hair, dirt, etc.
^x2 or one of the ducts is not seated
When I replaced my dash I was not happy with a dash cap. I found a truck with a good dash. I took the donor trucks entire dash steel frame and all and swapped it to my trucks steel frame.
94 Regular Cab Intake 5x12 Contagious Injectors 4kGSK and 60lb springs Adjustable Pump Gear and Timing Cover Auto Meter Steering Box Brace Sphon Adjustable Trac Bar Sphon Sway Bar Links Vision 19.5 Michelin 265-75-19.5 MegaTREK

Closed Thread