Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > StarLite Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #21
700kenny

Name: 700kenny
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
SMOKINU497 What is your boost pressure when towing uphill?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
SMOKINU497

Name: SMOKINU497
Title: Hammer down!
Member`s Gallery
29-41 depending on speed and grade of the hill...

Trevor

Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
SMOKINU497

Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #24
CumminsEFI

Name: CumminsEFI
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I dont know what number truck thats been tuned by zach at starlite but im for sure one of them. The truck is an 07 5.9L with airdog 165, 50% over injectors, arp studs, hamiltion springs and push rods, stock turbo and cp3. The race tune that zach made is KICK ASS, the truck is extremely strong to still be on stock turbo and cp3. he has it fueling all it will handle with virtually no smoke. it puts the smarty i had to shame. I wanna thank him for all his hard work he put into getting the truck to where its at now with his tuning.
STARLITE DIESEL FTW!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #25
kneedragger998

Name: kneedragger998
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
EFI Cummins

Hey Zach I'm on board! I have an 07 5.9 with exhaust, cold air intake, s&b manifold, 4" exhaust, fass 150 and a HTTurbo 62/71/13 stainless what kind of power do you think I can make on this and what is the cost for you to write a tune for it?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #26
mulisha

Name: mulisha
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
i think ill be giving him a call to lol........

Old 11-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #27
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
I'm ready when you guys are! Just got back from SEMA (spent basically the past 2 weeks in Vegas)... Had a blast, met A LOT of people (great to meet those of you i did in person!!)

Anyone having questions for me, PM or e-mail me directly: zach@starlitediesel.com

I'm backlogged a bit trying to get caught up again but should be able to respond within 24 hours to any questions you have!

Thanks!
Zach

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
pistazie

Name: pistazie
Title: interloper
Member`s Gallery
I'm really happy with the daily driver tune Zach provided for my truck through a local diesel performance shop near Edmonton, Alberta.

Loved the power I had with the previous tuner, but the smoke could be really obnoxious at times driving around town and towing.

What I have now with this EFI Live tune provided by StarLite is a virtually smokeless truck with lots of power, and the low-rpm injector rattle I had with the other tuner is also now gone. Good spool-up. Power comes on much more smoothly through the rpm. I'm really pleased with it, and also how Zach worked with my local shop to get exactly what I wanted - we tried out a couple of things before this one, starting out conservative...

In-town MPG is also improved, although its probably even better than I think because I am running the ESPAR coolant heater a couple of hours a day at this time of year. I've got better MPG now with 120 nozzles than the stock truck. I look forward to tweaking this tune a bit more to decrease the EGTs a tad. And I think I'll be needing a race tune for next summer!

Will keep you updated when there is something else to tell....towing, dyno or track numbers etc.. Thanks Zach!

Daniela

Some truck details:
  • 2006 QC 4x4
  • Reman engine with about 10,000 km.
  • Icebox, cool tube, Magnaflow TBE duals, Silverbullet 66. ATS manifold, Glacier Diesel 2um fuel filter+big line kit.AFE intercooler, Fluidampr, PPE dual CP3 kit, 110# Hamilton springs + pushrods. DDP 120 HP nozzles. Tunnel Ram. Stage 2 Colt cam. "spool aid thingy" FASS 220
  • 48RE: DTT VB, TC. and other bits Flexplate.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #29
SMOKINU497

Member`s Gallery
I sold my mega cab several months ago in favor for another LBZ duramax. I picked one up and got tunes almost right away from Zach and a DSP 5. Just want to say that I love the way you tell him what you want and you get just that. All my tunes get great mileage (as long as I keep my foot out of it all the time lol) and minimal smoke with low EGT's. I am VERY pleased with his duramax tunes as well. I will keep my business with him, very knowledgeable no doubt. Recommend my friends and everyone to him.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #30
pistazie

Name: pistazie
Title: interloper
Member`s Gallery
It's been almost 3 years since I last posted on this thread. Some changes to the truck for sure - twin turbos now. But still with Zach for smokeless daily driver at 875 hp. Made 909 hp on the dyno today (level 5 on the CSP), then immediately after drove to the furniture store to pick up a bedroom set for my kid. Love my truck and the tuning Zach!

Sent from my iPhone

Closed Thread