lml rods for long block build ?

llyproject

I am looking for anyones opinion here who has had exsperience or know someone who has. I am working on my first build and need to make some sacrafices somewhere as i do not have the $ to do everything i want. My goal is 700hp and 11sec passes. I want to know if lml rods would be an "okay" substitue for this kind of power i will only be running danvilles new 3794 stage 2 with batmo, duel fuelers, push rods, arp studs, and cut lb7 pistons. My plan is to port and clean up heads key the crank and possibly socal cam not sure if i will have the $ but everything else motor wise will remain as is including injectors and valve springs as those are a little easier to mess with in the future if need be. Rest of mods are in the sig for the most part

LML rods are not the same as the previous years. It takes a little machine to make them fit an lb7 piston/crankshaft. Aaaand they have not been abused near long enough for someone to say they will be the slightest bit reliable at 700hp. Bottom line is, if you have a duramax and want to play with more than 600hp, fork out the bucks for something proven.

LML Rods won't take 700 HP for long. I think Fleece was running a 700 HP LML and when the motor was pulled apart, every single rod was bent.

LML Rods won't take 700 HP for long. I think Fleece was running a 700 HP LML and when the motor was pulled apart, every single rod was bent.
That one had a stock/s475 and big fuel thrown at it...I think that was the issue, but who knows.

To make HP you are increasing the cylinder pressure as there is no other way to do it. The piston and rod are what transfer the cylinder pressure to the crankshaft. Cut corners there and you might as well leave it stock as it's only a matter of time before they fail. The safe limit on a stock durmax rod is 400 RwHp. Any amount above that is going to fail a rod, it's just a matter of time before it happens.

Back