Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > F1 Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
metal_miner

Name: metal_miner
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
F1 still in business?

I'm thinking about upgrading my Flux 2 injectors with which I've been extremely pleased performance-wise, but notice many of the posts in this section go unanswered by F1 and some long-time vendors I've used, such as Source and Bob, as well as loyal users are no more.

Is F1 still an active vendor? If so, do they now supply spec sheets like the other companies?

The F1 web-site looks like it hasn't been updated in a while either.

I figured I would ask here first before calling other vendors listed on the web-site with whom I haven't had a previous sales relationship established yet...

Old 11-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
ndaniels

Name: ndaniels
Member`s Gallery
I bought a set of mach 6s 6 months ago thru Tim Barber (TRE diesel) for my 4wd. I haven't heard anything about Don being out of the business, but I had to wait a bit for him to build me a set... actually I'm kicking around buying another set of mach 4s like I used to run, or 6s, for my 2wd- these 6s in the 4wd are unbelievebly clean for daily driving!

2007.5 2500 quadcab, 2wd, G56, SouthBend sdd, 625s, Exergy 10mm cp3 w/60% overs, cast 467.7/83/.9, BD inline brake, Hamilton 103 springs w/e.duty pushrods, Caltracs 743/1502 on old tuning

Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
F1 is definitely still in business. The Difference is Don builds every set that leaves his shop. The reason they are some of the best injectors on the market. It just takes a little time to get them, but I'd rather wait for quality....

Old 11-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
rpainter

Name: rpainter
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudn_1 View Post
F1 is definitely still in business. The Difference is Don builds every set that leaves his shop. The reason they are some of the best injectors on the market. It just takes a little time to get them, but I'd rather wait for quality....
true don goes good work but I wish he would include some type of flow chart or even a page on repair work done. I sent my injectors back to him a month or so ago got a call from the vendor a few days later saying three injectors had to be repaired. the cost was $500 plus shipping. I asked what the problem was and I got a " I don't know" answer. No paper work at all in the box when I got them back

Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
metal_miner

Name: metal_miner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpainter View Post
true don goes good work but I wish he would include some type of flow chart or even a page on repair work done. I sent my injectors back to him a month or so ago got a call from the vendor a few days later saying three injectors had to be repaired. the cost was $500 plus shipping. I asked what the problem was and I got a " I don't know" answer. No paper work at all in the box when I got them back
That's kind of at where I am now.

I had my Flux 2's checked out via Rip @ Source a year or so ago, but at least he explained in detail over the phone and emails what needed to be repaired and then listed these on his own invoice.

However, if would have been great if this as well as test flows at various pressures similar to what some other vendors are now doing were all on F1 letterhead in the shipment at least for chain-of-custody transparency.

Closed Thread