Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Haisley Machine
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Cummin-a-long

Name: Cummin-a-long
Title: Big Angry
Member`s Gallery
Thumbs down Not happy

Well, I hate to do this, but I must say that I am COMPLETELY unhappy with Haisley Machine.

Here's the story.

I contacted them about sending my pistons up to get ceramic coated tops and teflon coated skirts along with a set of A1 heavy duty rod bolts for the 12V rods going in the truck. Spoke to Patty and she said no problem, just clean the pistons up as much as possible, include a description of the work in the box with the pistons and all contact info.....which I did.

So, the pistons were sent out on Tuesday, 08 June 2010 via UPS with $1500 worth of insurance on them. They arrived at Haisley on Thursday, 10 June 2010 and were signed for by MOORE.

Now, the normal turn around time for the piston coating is said to be 1 - 2 weeks. So, on Friday, 18 June 2010, I contacted Haisley to inquire about the status of the pistons. At this point, I was told the pistons were damaged. Can't remember the gentleman's name that I spoke to, but he said there were gouges in the piston tops and only 2 of the pistons were good and it must have happened in shipping. I told them I wanted to see pictures of the damage, I wanted UPS contacted (as the shipment was insured) and I wanted to know why they had them for over a week and I wasn't notified that the pistons were damaged (claims need to be made within 10 days upon receipt for items damaged in shipping). I was told that the secretary had left for the day, but they had pictures and I'd get them on Monday.

No problem, the shipment was insured, I just needed proof of the damage so the claim could be filed. If they were indeed damaged in shipping, no problem, do the insurance claim and get a set of Arias pistons.

Monday, 21 June 2010, comes around and I still had no pictures or proof of the damage. I called again and spoke to Patty and was told the gentleman I spoke to before was working on that and I'd get the pictures later that day. Didn't happen.

Tuesday, 22 June 2010, I called again and spoke to another woman who had no idea what I was talking about. I explained the situation again and AGAIN was told they were working on getting the pictures. Didn't happen.

So at this point, ME, the person sending you pistons.....the person dropping the money.....the person who has no proof of any damage, has to call UPS and schedule them to pick this package up so the insurance claim can get processed and take another 1 - 8 days to complete. UPS arranged to pick the package up the following day.

Later the next day, I called to check on the pistons and see where the pictures were. Again, no pictures of the damage and they were now in UPS's possession.

Phone calls were not returned, not a single email was sent, no pictures were received (nor do I think they were even taken), and not a single thing that was talked about during phone conversations was acted upon. Haisley Machine WAS NOT asked to replace them, simply provide proof of the damage so the situation could be resolved.....hell, I would have dropped the money on set of Arias pistons if I had received ANY confirmation of damages.

To say the least, I am HIGHLY displeased with the service from Haisley Machine and WILL NOT recommend them in the future.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
If it went down they way you describe, I'd be Highly pissed aswell!!!!

Been watchin your build on CF.....You should post all those pics here man!! This is where that type of build Belongs!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted on your luck with UPS....
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
01PPUMP

Name: 01PPUMP
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
There are two sides to every story I would like to hear theirs.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Cummin-a-long

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Been watchin your build on CF.....You should post all those pics here man!! This is where that type of build Belongs!!!!!!!!!!
Ask and you shall receive.....

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=88952

Old 06-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
06megacab

Name: 06megacab
Title: Brush Puller/Beer Drinker
Member`s Gallery
wow awesome build, sorry to hear about haisleys
2006 blue mega G56 Southbend 3250DD, Smarty, Dr. Performance, ISSPRO, 315 BFG AT's

Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
sorry to hear you're having issues but, Haisley's good reputation goes way beyond your pistons. They and Scheid are basically the two who started this whole diesel craze and have been in the game for 20 or more yrs. Van and Patty are top notch people and have no reason to deceive. There's more to the story.

It is the middle of the pulling season and I'm sure they're pretty busy. That's no excuse for lack of service but could explain delays.

I know Scheid doesn't coat pistons and most likely Haisley doesn't either. They'd be sent out to have it done. They may have save you from headache and loss of money down the road by, catching something you didn't see ??

Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Cummin-a-long

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
sorry to hear you're having issues but, Haisley's good reputation goes way beyond your pistons. They and Scheid are basically the two who started this whole diesel craze and have been in the game for 20 or more yrs. Van and Patty are top notch people and have no reason to deceive. There's more to the story.

It is the middle of the pulling season and I'm sure they're pretty busy. That's no excuse for lack of service but could explain delays.

I know Scheid doesn't coat pistons and most likely Haisley doesn't either. They'd be sent out to have it done. They may have save you from headache and loss of money down the road by, catching something you didn't see ??
Right, most of them send them out to Polydyne for the coating.

Middle of a season or not, no one is too busy to pick up a phone and say, "Hey, your pistons were damaged on arrival." It doesn't matter if I'm at the track on a Friday night or in the shop working on my junk on a Sunday, if someone calls that sent me money or is expecting a return call, you do it.

It takes all of 5 minutes to take a picture so the damages can be claimed.

2 weeks from the time I sent them until I called UPS to go pick them up and initiate the claim.

You'd be a bit pissed off too if you were approaching the deadline before you had to eat the $ for something that could be easily avoided with a simple email response.

A response here will be more than I got over that 2 week period.

If you have personal experience and dealings with them and it was good, that's fine. This is MY personal experience with them.

Last edited by Cummin-a-long; 06-27-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Cummin-a-long

Member`s Gallery
All it would have taken was a call and a picture of the damage when they arrived and I would have just filed the claim and had them do me a new set of pistons.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Some will defend them to the death on here I have a feeling. But you have every right to be upset at what has happened. Seems so many companies on here complain about being way too busy, and use it as their excuse for poor customer service. There's an easy solution for that, either don't take in more work then you can handle, or get more staffing.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Cummin-a-long

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
Some will defend them to the death on here I have a feeling.
There always are, that's part of the process.

Again, this is simply MY personal experience with them.

Choosing to send my stuff to them was based on reputation. My choice to not use them again is based on the experience.

Closed Thread