Best 47re shifting solution??

ctdthrasher

Basically the question is, which is better? Fmvb or a stand-alone controller similar to the Anteater?? All purpose high hp street truck? Both have their pros and cons but which is the winner in your mind and why?? I’m kinda leaning to the Anteater because you can program the shifting and lockups to save the shafts on the trans. Fmvb leaves all the decisions to the operator which I can see many instances where that might be desired. Let me know your guys experience. I’m just sick of the stock shifting pattern on my truck
Thanks

Never really looked into PCS, do you need to run their valve body? Not too worried about cost differences. This darn project has surpassed estimated cost many times over years ago lol

I bought an anteater when they first came out, I've since sold the truck but has and still works perfect. Easy to set up and change to your liking.

Basically the question is, which is better? Fmvb or a stand-alone controller similar to the Anteater?? All purpose high hp street truck? Both have their pros and cons but which is the winner in your mind and why?? I’m kinda leaning to the Anteater because you can program the shifting and lockups to save the shafts on the trans. Fmvb leaves all the decisions to the operator which I can see many instances where that might be desired. Let me know your guys experience. I’m just sick of the stock shifting pattern on my truck
Thanks

Best 47re shifting 500 518 618 TRANS-BRAKE VALVE BODY lock up | Cope Racing

Found this the other day cruising some conversion threads. Identical to the ant eater in concept, no tps required. You keep your tv cable, and no computer required to tune. I’m thinking about giving this a try one day. I’ll find the thread where this was installed on a k5 blazer

TCM930B | E-TransControl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, since I’ve had all three of the options mentioned in this thread. I would say manual valve body has been the most trouble free. The ATS PCS setup had a lot of cool options but was the most troublesome to tune and to keep it shifting the same throughout the year (was used on a farm truck) The Ant is right now my pick for standalone controllers, once I got a new in cab controller I was able to get the truck a lot more reliable, shifts exactly the same every time, has OD lockout plus three tunes.

However the E-Trans control seems promising on the pure simplicity of it, no computer required to tune, it’s also relatively good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back