Weight of Haul?

Burner

slow poke
:huh:: How many have weighed your truck, what about the trailer?

On paper, what's the most your truck and trailer weighed?

What's a safe weight?

I have weighed at over 12,200 on truck alone which puts me 3600 over GVWR. Once i pulled a D4H 50 miles that had to have me grossing over 35K. Man i wish i had a scale ticket for that one.

So far as max weight man, i really think you can roll heavy like 40K and be safe if YOU GO SLOW!!!!!!

SLOW!!!! SLOW!!!!

Speed is a killer not weight

I'll have to agree with Ponder on this one, if you can stop it, you can tow it, if you can't stop it, don't hook up to it.

I agree, if you can't stop it......all the HP in the world won't help ya.

...I had to cross the state line the other day @ 27,880, plus. I was scured da Mounty would come after me for "accidentally" missing the scales.

Front had 5,000+

Rear had 8,000+

Trailer had 14,000+

It wouldn't bother me that much around town but those "scale stops" on the big top are a pain.....sheeeesh.:eek:

Last edited:
My truck alone weighs 8100lbs. With the gooseneck and tractor/equiptment I average 18,500 but have gone up to 20,000lbs+ without and "funny" stuff going on.

I have a real good friend with a D-max in a 2002 Chevy 3500 truck and he hauls a D6 Cat dozer on occasion.......48,000 total on the scales with a 46' Gooseneck!!!!!!!!:badidea: :badidea: Hope the allison holds up.

Slaughterhouse said:
I have a real good friend with a D-max in a 2002 Chevy 3500 truck and he hauls a D6 Cat dozer on occasion.......48,000 total on the scales with a 46' Gooseneck!!!!!!!!:badidea: :badidea: Hope the allison holds up.

Could you PLEASE get me a picture of this! :bigsmile:

I pull a gooseneck (approx 6000lb) with a Bobcat 331 exc. (approx 7400lb), and a Bobcat T300 (approx 9500 lb) both on the deck. Pulls fine and stops quick, as long as the trailer brakes stay connected!

my buddy has his 550 registered at 44000 i think i will ask him tomorrow its a 2003 F550 4x4 reg cab flat bed

My problem is having 3:73's. It wouldn't be that bad with 4:10's but 3:73's are just not that good for "BIG" loads. :doh:

I tipped the scales once in my 05 chevy 2500 with a big load if ceramic roof tiles at 43000lbs. Need to look for the ticket but it seemed ok since the truck had fire-stone ride right and I stopped the load fairly good. That's why I preffer gooseneck trailers. They distribute the weight much better. I had 4:10 in that truck.

My largest with the dodge was today. It's not up there with you guys, but a total weight of 19,850 was plenty for a stock 12V's auto transmission and no trailer brakes (3.54 gears) although next weekend the tranny will no longer be stock :)

With my V-10 Superduty I pulled a load that I think (it's been a couple years) was around the 24,000 mark all included, but it had 4.30 gears and trailer brakes and the load pulled fine, but it only got 6mpg while pulling it.

George

Ive grossed out at 29,500lbs with a load of steel I pulled from south f Nashville to the north side of Dayton OH. :ylsuper:

A normal load for my dad's farm- I have a scale ticket for one of my loads 2 years ago with 18 rounds for a GCVW of 62300:
hayload.jpg

It's only loaded like this for back country roads and max speed was 35mph.

A normal load for Kevin's truck:
dozer_1.jpg

brandon.

Back