Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #61
malibu795

Name: malibu795
Title: 2wd numb nut
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Footage is the only thing that matters. Let's let it speak for itself.
if this is true why are you jabutting what lynn and i and the guys in MO doing?
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull sailor

Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #62
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
if this is true why are you jabutting what lynn and i and the guys in MO doing?
Because you're not hanging in there with respected 4wd trucks yet.

You get a top-10 in Numidia against good competition and I'll start eating crow. Since they have a stock turbo class and you already have a built motor, you shouldn't have any excuses other than driver screwup. I'll give you a mulligan on that but if you want to demonstrate being competitive, ya gotta show something there.

And don't jerk the sled like you did last night. That was a bust-parts move, rookie!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #63
kino_fab

Name: kino_fab
Title: KTPA Tech Official
Member`s Gallery
No need for yabuts or excuses. Just need a little time and money (which is running scarce) to get some bugs worked out. The trucks Lynn has been pulling against are respected trucks. Some were finishing in the top 10 at Scheids last year. Rods, and Teddybear are 2 that I know of.

Tech Official for:
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #64
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

You get a top-10 in Numidia against good competition and I'll start eating crow. Since they have a stock turbo class and you already have a built motor, you shouldn't have any excuses other than driver screwup. I'll give you a mulligan on that but if you want to demonstrate being competitive, ya gotta show something there.

And don't jerk the sled like you did last night. That was a bust-parts move, rookie!
course im not goign to hang in a 2.6 class right now... no air/fuel

as for sat night that was driver error.
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #65
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

comming form a guy that dumped XX,XXX into air and fuel mods now has to basicly sit a season out till the bottom part get up to par... is like doing a finish cut before hte rough cuts are done or building a roof befor ehte walls are up.. it only getts you so far.

i had 10k i built the bottom so i wouldnt have to worry would it spiting rods out.... down the road

didnt (adam)TBBD loose a stock block form running wiht you a while ago?
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Last edited by malibu795; 07-13-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #66
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
comming form a guy that dumped XX,XXX into air and fuel mods now has to basicly sit a season out till the bottom part get up to par... is like doing a finish cut before hte rough cuts are done or building a roof befor ehte walls are up.. it only getts you so far.
You're way off on your math since I bought everything right.

Funny, it still runs great, and I did a hell of a lot of winning with the combo (something you have yet to experience). I'm just picking a smart time to take a break and re-tool. Was I taking a risk? Sure. So what. You're taking a giant risk with the way you're running your tranny. You smoke the C1s in that thing in one hook and you'll be begging to even get home. So we're pretty even there...your roof has no walls either.

I could still come out tomorrow and put a whooping on you, but all we'd hear is a list of yabbuts.

So go do something notable at Numidia and start earning respect instead of trying to convince people by endlessly talking about it.

Yes, Adam blew through a piston, but it was an LLY, so no surprise there.

You should take a cue from Kino. No BS, just (to paraphrase) "we're working on it and we'll pull with the big boys and see what we can do." I respect that. Best of luck to them.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #67
wanabsledpuller

Name: wanabsledpuller
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
no disrespect to any of you,but come on boys,start turning wrenches an let the trucks do the talk'n,,an a lil less on the puter,
06CHEVY 2500HD DMAX,05 3500 DODGE CUMMINS 6WHEELER,09 5500 DAULLY,CUMMINS POWERED,98 FRIEGHTSHAKER,an of course 02 3500 'RUNNIN IN THE RED'..ENGINE BUILT BY WOODRUFF DIESEL,DRIVE TRAIN DONE BY BURTON CHASSIS,PUMP BY COLUMBUS DIESEL

Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #68
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabsledpuller View Post
no disrespect to any of you,but come on boys,start turning wrenches an let the trucks do the talk'n,,an a lil less on the puter,
none talken..

mat has been ribbing me for 2+ years now about the whole 2wd pulling idea
so far i have been out classed and out powered no worries... im learning

it will be nice to see what i can do come saturday with like powered trucks
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Old 07-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #69
wanabsledpuller

Member`s Gallery
I know its prolly a lot more money,but you need to build a two wheel peel with a mod engine,cause its not gona be worth the effort till you do,and then the truck will talk,an they will prolly get you a class,but till then its like pee'n in the wind,
06CHEVY 2500HD DMAX,05 3500 DODGE CUMMINS 6WHEELER,09 5500 DAULLY,CUMMINS POWERED,98 FRIEGHTSHAKER,an of course 02 3500 'RUNNIN IN THE RED'..ENGINE BUILT BY WOODRUFF DIESEL,DRIVE TRAIN DONE BY BURTON CHASSIS,PUMP BY COLUMBUS DIESEL

Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #70
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
you need to build a two wheel peel with a mod engine,cause its not gona be worth the effort till you do,and then the truck will talk,an they will prolly get you a class,but till then its like pee'n in the wind,
dont think a 500hp 2wd can compete with a 500hp 4wd with the current NADM rule setup?

why is that?
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #71
wanabsledpuller

Member`s Gallery
an remember,,Its the set up,and yes four wheels will do better,so if you want to try a two wheel peel,you gota have twice the horsepower,so build it ,an i would throw some big tires on too while your at it

Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #72
kino_fab

Name: kino_fab
Title: KTPA Tech Official
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
an remember,,Its the set up,and yes four wheels will do better,so if you want to try a two wheel peel,you gota have twice the horsepower,so build it ,an i would throw some big tires on too while your at it
Not to be an ass or anything, but it has been proven many times around here (in the naturally aspirated gasser classes) that a 2wd can out pull a 4wd. I wish I could find the video from a few years back. We were at a pull with a "run whatcha brung" class. 4 5800lb 2wds, and 5 6200lb 4wds in the class, along with the locals bringing out thier daily drivers aswell. All the true pullers had DOT tires and around 7-800hp on racing gas. 1st and 2nd were 2wd's, 3rd was a 4wd, can't remember the rest. This same occurance has happened quite a few times in years past. I know by watching the video's of Lynn's truck seems that he needs double the HP as the 4wds to compete, but his truck is probably barely making 400hp if not less (way over fueled). Once we get it in the 550-600hp range, it should be game on from there.

Tech Official for:
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #73
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
OK Dad!

I won't rib Adam any more.

At least until he gets back from Numidia.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #74
wanabsledpuller

Member`s Gallery
yes son,,,,,be nice, grrrrrrr,you rookies now days,

Closed Thread