Turbo choice question

KingS

look at my sig and what do you suggest I need it to tow good but also run the strip in the 12 sec marks I will be buying a turbo somewhere in a couple months when I get tax check as long as schied doesn't kill me on fixing my headgasket problem the block is fire ring and studed but I've went through four gaskets in 1500 miles.

I would steer you more toward the quickdiesel 64. It has a 14cm exhaust housing(they are working on a 12) so may be a little slower on spoolup but when it lights it will take off like a rocket. I have a few guys running them with our 435's which are 5x16 edm's and they seem to like it real well.

Chuck

do you think it will push enough air though to push 12.5 to 12.0 I'm trying to stay away from twins and still drive on street.

Well it will flow around 1000cfm. If you are just going to play on the street you will be fine. But you stated TOW in your post, You will be able to tow but will need to watch temps. I would not go any bigger than the 64 and try towing with it just dont like how they run. The quickdiesel 64 only has a 14 exhaust housing.

Chuck

ok then all I tow is my 16' cargo trailier every day for work total wieght with tools and flooring is 3,000 lbs, and then my lake Michigan fishing boat 25' with trailier just under 6,000lbs so should be good I would think.

Pulling the cargo trailier now I run at 65 mph and only 650-675 post turbo and just about the same with the boat and that is with the stock turbo my truck seems to breathe easy for some reason.

Back