Just ordered some DDM HID's anyone run them?

so im ordering the 9004 kit, the 9007 kit, and the 896 kit. do i need this dual in/dual out wiring harness, or mounting brackets? do i need 3 wiring harnesses or what? i just dont want to spend $25 shipping more than once..

since we're on the topic of headlights, does anyone make an LED headlight bulb yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but they don't shine near far enough to do anything other than look cool.

That depends on design and manufacturer.
If you mean retrofits, they aren't worth much, I would agree.

Purpose built led bars are bad ass when compared to heat and load vs lumens.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

so im ordering the 9004 kit, the 9007 kit, and the 896 kit. do i need this dual in/dual out wiring harness, or mounting brackets? do i need 3 wiring harnesses or what? i just dont want to spend $25 shipping more than once..

Mounting brackets are nice. You won't need anything else. Make sure you get all 3 harness'. I had one box lack one once.

Ill give you a shout after work, they look strait up plug and play.. don't even have to connect them to the battery, just plug into the factory connects for power. Got them from carxenonhidkits.com. lifetime warranty

got the package in today. took 10 days in the mail. havent had enough daylight hours to install yet, but looks like its going to be a slow process getting these wiring harnesses ran correctly..

will post pics when finished

btw does anyone else have problems with headlight bulbs blowing? ive been through 6-7 bulbs in 3-4 months.. they blow, break, etc. it could be the gravel road driving, not sure. any info on how to stop this is appreciated.. cant have these breaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you are touching the glass part of the bulbs when you install them, the oil off of your fingers will cause them to heat up and break or blow out early. Just sayin.

btw does anyone else have problems with headlight bulbs blowing? ive been through 6-7 bulbs in 3-4 months.. they blow, break, etc. it could be the gravel road driving, not sure. any info on how to stop this is appreciated.. cant have these breaking

If you are touching the glass part of the bulbs when you install them, the oil off of your fingers will cause them to heat up and break or blow out early. Just sayin.

nope havent touched them. they blow or break literally every time i decide to go up on the strip jobs to play around. 25-35 mph on gravel roads should definitely not cause this.. anyone else drive similarly?

nope havent touched them. they blow or break literally every time i decide to go up on the strip jobs to play around. 25-35 mph on gravel roads should definitely not cause this.. anyone else drive similarly?

I live in a area that's more dirt roads than paved, and all of them are rough. I haven't had a bulb break yet.

Sent from my paperweight

Well I went to order some CREE backup bulbs from RetroSolutions this past Tuesday, but ended up with their 35w NightVision HID kit too. I don't know why I bought it, but they both will be here today!

I plan on putting their retofit Projectors in my after market housings this Christmas. I've seen the before and after using the same housings and projects I'm going to be using and it is going to be WELL WORTH the little bit of work to get them installed properly.

I live in a area that's more dirt roads than paved, and all of them are rough. I haven't had a bulb break yet.

Sent from my paperweight

thats how it is here. ive only had one break and it was a fog light in a loose housing after hitting an unseen rock in a mud puddle. shook me pretty hard.

maybe theres some other sort of problem goin on? voltage issue? this concerns me now, because it will take 2 weeks if i have to order another bulb..

well for you HID gurus i have a problem. not a major one, but still a problem

i installed my HID's the other night, and noticed that the high bulbs, low bulbs, and fog lights. are on at the same time. when i flip to high beams, the highs are the only things on as usual.

even when high beams are off the light is 25% illuminated, not fully as bright as it is when high beams are flipped on.

very strange problem, BUT i may have an idea, just dont want to mess anthing up

so they sent me the wrong plug patterns in the male part of the lights, the prongs werent lined up with the holes on the high beam plug-ins, so i took one prong out and moved it so it would fit in the correct holes.

could this be a reversed polarity issue causing them to stay on all the time, or am i just sounding like a complete ruhtard?

thanks, any input is appreciated, and damn these things are BRIGHT

Back