Very disappointed today.

All I know is, don't ask Dave a semi-technical question unless you have atleast an hour spare time openLOL

That man knows his chit

So......(spoken in a very sinister voice) what you r saying is we need to kidnap him and make him build transmissions for us. mmmmmmhhhhaaaaa!

But seriously, who else is there of that caliber?

There is a shop around Portland IN (< I think)called Dans transmissions that seem to be doing some good work. They are recomended by Dave.

Well if Dave is refering people to Jeff then he must be pretty dang good. He wouldnt just tell people about him to get rid of business. He still has a reputation to protect lol.

You could be rising the chance of your tranny getting the Mad Swole Disease....LOL

Good i like the kit idea, im going to start building a few transmissions and that will make like a little easier.

Well if Dave is refering people to Jeff then he must be pretty dang good. He wouldnt just tell people about him to get rid of business. He still has a reputation to protect lol.

You could be rising the chance of your tranny getting the Mad Swole Disease....LOL

Garmon and Georend have great respect for each other. Jeff is very appreciative of Dave.
I've always said if Garmon wasn't so close or not in business, that I'd buy Georend.

I don't get down there as much anymore because I'm on night shift, so do worry about me touching your tranny or it getting the "Mad Swole Disease" LOL

Lol i hope you know im just giving you crap down there David.

Im gunna have to build my confidence when it comes to actually installing a kit. Ive rebuilt a 727 which is a primitive 47re basically... Problem i have is the VB, do you just stick it in there? or does it have instructions lol.

Lol i hope you know im just giving you crap down there David.

Im gunna have to build my confidence when it comes to actually installing a kit. Ive rebuilt a 727 which is a primitive 47re basically... Problem i have is the VB, do you just stick it in there? or does it have instructions lol.

The 47 is just a 727 with an OD housing. Goerend sells complete VB's and the VB is honestly the hardest part of the trans to rebuild.

the VB is honestly the hardest part of the trans to rebuild.

Is it really? Because that was pretty damn easy I thought. I had an issue with the first one in my new trans, so Dave sent a new VB and I switched it out myself and been running great ever since.

I've been thinking about tackling trans rebuilds myself since I seem to go through them plenty

Is it really? Because that was pretty damn easy I thought. I had an issue with the first one in my new trans, so Dave sent a new VB and I switched it out myself and been running great ever since.

I've been thinking about tackling trans rebuilds myself since I seem to go through them plenty

You SWAPPED a VB, not rebuilt one;)

Chris

Is swapping one still a PITA?

Hardest part is installing and removing the OJ clip on the parking rod. Putting it in first gear makes it simpler. Once that's off it's just a matter of removing the bolts holding the vb in, disconnecting the shift linkage, tv lever, and electrical connection.

This is becoming a little de-railed mostly my fault my bad

If your reading this, I'm really bored at work...Or driving. Don't judge me.-- Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was under the impression Goerend would till be doing TC's, VB's and stocking hard parts.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Back