4bt minirod

somewhat off topic, saw a wild "tow " setup this past wee3k up near Delhi, guy has a converted school bus that he pulls his pulling tractor into the rear of to take the whole shebang down the road. from the back you see the two monster tires for the rig, the rest is pulled inside the back of the bus........

That's a normal derby/puller hauler down here in hillbilly country...we're on the northern tip of moron down here.

We used to have a customer that used school bus's to haul hogs...put a partition up behind the driver seat, and loaded through the back door...No f-ing way.

Chris

They are very versatile vehicles......;)

You can pick them up cheap. The last ones we sold had 24V Cummins, Allison autos, good tires and good batteries. Sold 30 of them and I think they said the average price was less than $1000.

We have a blacksmith here, that has his forge setup in the back.
He also plays polo, and can fit 2 horses in the back.

somewhat off topic, saw a wild "tow " setup this past wee3k up near Delhi, guy has a converted school bus that he pulls his pulling tractor into the rear of to take the whole shebang down the road. from the back you see the two monster tires for the rig, the rest is pulled inside the back of the bus........

That's a normal derby/puller hauler down here in hillbilly country...we're on the northern tip of moron down here.

We used to have a customer that used school bus's to haul hogs...put a partition up behind the driver seat, and loaded through the back door...No f-ing way.

Chris

Definitely some rigs like that around here for hauling pullers. Seems to be less common now though, than 15 years ago.

I've seen many haulers out of buses. A friend of mine took a flatbed semi and cut the bed to be just a couple feet longer than the tractor and angled it. Works awesome for hauling a puller

I would seriously consider something other than that HX55 for your build. It may work OK but if you ever want to change it to another turbo to experiment you will be upset as it runs a proprietary flange.

Back