Lowering a 2nd gen

Cumminsfever

Steering wheel holder
I am positive I saw threads on how to lower a 2nd gen dodge. After searching for a few days, and trying to utilise the search function, I came up empty. So if anyone can point me to previous threads on this, please feel free.

I want to lower the 99 dodge in my sig. Hoping for at least 2 inches, possibly even 4. But the bump stop on the front axle is only 4 inches from hitting. So, I need help from those who have done this, and can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks guys!

i done mine a few weeks ago after talking with mike about his. i ended up cutting 3/4 of a wrap off of the bottom of the front coils. which left me 2" between the bump stops and axle. in the rear i took the block out and the overload off of the top. i ordered some 2wd ubolts from LMC truck. it now sits 3/8" higher in the front then the back. and its 4 3/4" lower in the back and about 3" lower in the front compaired to stock.

46c206f4-8e10-2735.jpg

I lowered mine. Cut one full coil out of the front, then pulled the block out of rear and left the full set of springs in the rear. I have a set of 305/50/20 terra grapplers on there.

looks good man. with the full coil gone how much compression travel do you have? right now i kinda like the 3/8" nose up rake for racing. weight transfer is pretty good.

on my above post by overload i actually ment the helper spring on the top not the main overload spring on the bottom, sorry for any confusion.

I don't know how much compression I have, but i have yet to bottom out on the bump stop. The rear i left in the overload springs too, mostly because of the length of the u-bolts I got. I like the ride a lot, I wish it had a little bit of take but that is just how it worked out.

i havnt felt mine bottom out yet either even at 115mph hard shutdowns. i would take it on down but i finally got this thing to leave the line good so i'm leaving it alone. i plan to 4 link the rear of it later on maybe this winter so then i might fix the rake to level. i too had to take the "camper special" springs off of the top because the 2wd ubolts wouldnt have been long enough.

Back