scary larry or smarty tnt

So Timing is Good.....and Pressure is Good....But NOT both at low boost?????

Only good to have both when your making psi...?????

So, Do I leave my MP8 down low at launch and roll it on as I get out about 60'????????

Am I understanding right??

So Timing is Good.....and Pressure is Good....But NOT both at low boost?????

Only good to have both when your making psi...?????

So, Do I leave my MP8 down low at launch and roll it on as I get out about 60'????????

Am I understanding right??

Mostly. rpm is part of the equation as well.

If you wanna crank up the pressure at lower rpm/boost then you need to retard timing even more. What Comp was saying is the DR box apparently fools the truck so it will pull back on timing while fooling it to make more pressure... With out something doing that, you can't really pull back on timing with out asking macro nicely to do it for ya.

so just pull back on pressure off the get go and turn things up once your moving.

Just run mild for your pressure and try stock and report what you find.

I have a Dragonflow pump on the way and I'm curious what I'm going to end up doing for my pressure settings since I'm sure I'll be able to max things out finally in top gear. Maybe back the timing down a notch to "huge" injectors and run wild higher pressure? who knows.

Mostly. rpm is part of the equation as well.

If you wanna crank up the pressure at lower rpm/boost then you need to retard timing even more. What Comp was saying is the DR box apparently fools the truck so it will pull back on timing while fooling it to make more pressure... With out something doing that, you can't really pull back on timing with out asking macro nicely to do it for ya.

so just pull back on pressure off the get go and turn things up once your moving.

Just run mild for your pressure and try stock and report what you find.

I have a Dragonflow pump on the way and I'm curious what I'm going to end up doing for my pressure settings since I'm sure I'll be able to max things out finally in top gear. Maybe back the timing down a notch to "huge" injectors and run wild higher pressure? who knows.

Wow!!! never knew that....I've just been launching / dyno'ng with MP8 set where its at.......I'll test the MP8 dial by doing what I said....launching with it low and rolling it on as I spool up after launch...

As for the settings.....I'd think by having my mp8 that timing would be more important on the setting and then roll the pressure in.....

Hmmmm!!! Very enteresting!!! This dang tuning thing is gonna be harder than expected....

Wow!!! never knew that....I've just been launching / dyno'ng with MP8 set where its at.......I'll test the MP8 dial by doing what I said....launching with it low and rolling it on as I spool up after launch...

As for the settings.....I'd think by having my mp8 that timing would be more important on the setting and then roll the pressure in.....

Hmmmm!!! Very enteresting!!! This dang tuning thing is gonna be harder than expected....

You need your own personal dyno :)

yeah, it's an odd balancing act, and the more you fiddle with stuff, the sooner you'll find the right settings for your combo.

I love my Smarty... awesome base tune, but I really like having my TST on top of it

yeah, it's an odd balancing act, and the more you fiddle with stuff, the sooner you'll find the right settings for your combo.

I love my Smarty... awesome base tune, but I really like having my TST on top of it

I have a tst..... but it doesn't work very well with my smarty. But was it cuz I was mechanicly out of fuel and no amount of programming was going to fix it?

Won't be the case anymore. Well, crap thanks forrest, now I might just put it back on and see how true this overlap issue is.

you suck.

:shake:

Jason, I realize that no two trucks are the same... but, I run Flux 1 nozzles... it's a 555 early HO truck. bone stock CP3, Fass 150, etc.

I run the Smarty TNT-R... SW#9, stock injector timing, moderate rail pressure, stock torque management. The truck obviously runs well on just the Smarty, but if I stand on it in 6th, when the truck is doing its thing at full boost, etc. As in crank up the TST, you can FEEL the truck pulling harder and harder.

The difference between the TST on power 0 and power 4 is pretty unreal. Every power level you can feel a push in the back. Until you get to 5. I can still hold rail pressure, but there's no extra push, so I run it on 4.

I have tried different Smarty numbers and running higher TST levels, but it didn't feel any better (granted, this is all SOP/butt dyno), and I can't say that the dyno would show a huge difference, but even a non-calibrated butt dyno would feel the power jump from 0-4 on the TST!

and the craziest thing I found recently was turning up the torque!!!! I was ready to sacrifice some top end for some better spooling driving around town, so I turned the power down and cranked the torque up. I got to torque level 5 and still had very decent smoke control. So then I start putting power on top of it. I'm actually making and holding MORE rail pressure now that the torque is turned up than I was with it on zero! :confused:

power level 4 or 5 on top of SW#9 gives me 22.5k psi at full boogie...

before if I just hammered down below 2000 or so, the rail gauge would dip, come up, dip down to 15k or so and then come up to 20k. now all of that dipping is pretty much gone. It seriously feels like a whole new truck.

I've got a Floor It stage 2 that's going on if I end up keeping the truck (if it's not gone by Nov 1, I'm probably just going to keep it) I'm excited to see how that pans out.

I think my injectors are my limiting factor right now. I think TST power 5 on top of SW9 is just too much duration and it's a point of diminishing returns on my particular setup. YMMV

Jason, I realize that no two trucks are the same... but, I run Flux 1 nozzles... it's a 555 early HO truck. bone stock CP3, Fass 150, etc.

I run the Smarty TNT-R... SW#9, stock injector timing, moderate rail pressure, stock torque management. The truck obviously runs well on just the Smarty, but if I stand on it in 6th, when the truck is doing its thing at full boost, etc. As in crank up the TST, you can FEEL the truck pulling harder and harder.

The difference between the TST on power 0 and power 4 is pretty unreal. Every power level you can feel a push in the back. Until you get to 5. I can still hold rail pressure, but there's no extra push, so I run it on 4.

I have tried different Smarty numbers and running higher TST levels, but it didn't feel any better (granted, this is all SOP/butt dyno), and I can't say that the dyno would show a huge difference, but even a non-calibrated butt dyno would feel the power jump from 0-4 on the TST!

and the craziest thing I found recently was turning up the torque!!!! I was ready to sacrifice some top end for some better spooling driving around town, so I turned the power down and cranked the torque up. I got to torque level 5 and still had very decent smoke control. So then I start putting power on top of it. I'm actually making and holding MORE rail pressure now that the torque is turned up than I was with it on zero! :confused:

power level 4 or 5 on top of SW#9 gives me 22.5k psi at full boogie...

before if I just hammered down below 2000 or so, the rail gauge would dip, come up, dip down to 15k or so and then come up to 20k. now all of that dipping is pretty much gone. It seriously feels like a whole new truck.

I've got a Floor It stage 2 that's going on if I end up keeping the truck (if it's not gone by Nov 1, I'm probably just going to keep it) I'm excited to see how that pans out.

I think my injectors are my limiting factor right now. I think TST power 5 on top of SW9 is just too much duration and it's a point of diminishing returns on my particular setup. YMMV

I think the key here is the 04.5 programming and up. that's the programming that has issues with TST and TNT/R.

The 03-04 trucks have no issues. I'm still trying to get rid of my TST, I don't need it if it doesn't work and just stick with the Smarty ya know.

man, that's a bummer... I guess the 04.5+ programs must be stronger on the base because I'm obviously limited by the stock CP3, and what's the record for a stock CP3? I know some put out better than others, but the highest I've seen was like 580, and it was a glory run on the dyno. The truck didn't run as well on the street w/ those settings. I guess I need to just put the ol' girl on the rollers and see what I'm dealing with.

I think if I went up a size or two on the injectors, I wouldn't want/need the TST, but this stack really works awesome on my truck :eek:

I think the key here is the 04.5 programming and up. that's the programming that has issues with TST and TNT/R.

The 03-04 trucks have no issues. I'm still trying to get rid of my TST, I don't need it if it doesn't work and just stick with the Smarty ya know.

I was certain that my TST + Smarty stack made more power than smarty alone, going by my butt dyno. The dyno told a different story. Lost about 6hp with the TST stack on the best settings. With the original smarty program, the TST made a big difference. After the betas, the TST was a thing of the past on my truck. I still think the TST is a pretty sweet product. You can make 500+ hp with virtually no smoke. Great for towing.

man, that's a bummer... I guess the 04.5+ programs must be stronger on the base because I'm obviously limited by the stock CP3, and what's the record for a stock CP3? I know some put out better than others, but the highest I've seen was like 580, and it was a glory run on the dyno. The truck didn't run as well on the street w/ those settings. I guess I need to just put the ol' girl on the rollers and see what I'm dealing with.

I think if I went up a size or two on the injectors, I wouldn't want/need the TST, but this stack really works awesome on my truck :eek:

With just an FCA and gear case mod, I did 578 :) I know there are others over 600, but they do not have 113,000 miles either.

I think luken made like 650+ on a stock CP3. But who really knows/cares. Without pulling the injectors out, and the cp3 apart, you'd never really now if it really was stock or not. I did 576 on a stock cp3, buddy did 575 on a stocker last week.

153K miles on the clock. max of 40 psi on the dyno, usually see 55 on the street. RP only reached 21k or so.

From the horse's mouth....

I have NEVER compiled a "Revo_TNTR56_Project_X.7z" software.

Dunno what game we're playing here, for sure I don't like it.
Just a remainder, these softwares are my intelectual property and are copyright protected. I'd think twice....

Cheers

Marco

let me assure you , I have the software , and I am using it , what is the big deal with you guys ,

You make a great product , but wow, you trying to keep a product out of the hands of people that want to use it , is so funny .

let me assure you , I have the software , and I am using it , what is the big deal with you guys ,

You make a great product , but wow, you trying to keep a product out of the hands of people that want to use it , is so funny .

Dude!!! I think it's just you man!!!!

You seem to piss off a lot of folks round here!!!!!
:poke:

I was certain that my TST + Smarty stack made more power than smarty alone, going by my butt dyno. The dyno told a different story. Lost about 6hp with the TST stack on the best settings. With the original smarty program, the TST made a big difference. After the betas, the TST was a thing of the past on my truck. I still think the TST is a pretty sweet product. You can make 500+ hp with virtually no smoke. Great for towing.

what size sticks are you running? I'm thinking my baby injectors might actually need more duration than the Smarty is giving me.

I don't know if the truck will dyno better, but I'm 100% positive it'll MPH better... it's definately making more power, there's no two ways about it.

Hummm.... I can right click and rename the file to whatever I want also. I could have Halomans5kTNT/RRRRRR.7z LOL

what size sticks are you running? I'm thinking my baby injectors might actually need more duration than the Smarty is giving me.

I don't know if the truck will dyno better, but I'm 100% positive it'll MPH better... it's definately making more power, there's no two ways about it.

Yeah, as previously mentioned, the stack works great for lots of people.

I was running the DDP 90's at the time

Maybe they dont want you near their product because they are concerned that you may try to hijack the software & call it your own. Or badmouth it the next time something or somebody new comes along. youve done it before & you will do it again given the chance. I wouldnt want you near a product of mine either you counterfiet P.O.S.!!!!!!
Marco & Bob are the king of the hill right now in the extreme programming. You are a parasite trying to get hooked up to suck something out of them......

Back