Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Chassis, Suspension and Driveline
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
ENafziger

Name: ENafziger
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The G56 case will flex under high performance applications. Lazarsmith's Tork-Shield is a functional work of art which obviates case flex and can be installed with the transmission on or off the truck. Mike also offers custom internal modifications and enhancements according to your needs and budget. Check out the website or give him a call.
Just talked to him last week...right after I lost 4th and 6th. I'm looking for a low-mileage used G56 trans right now.

--Eric

Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #22
wespruett

Name: wespruett
Title: Cummins Fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWrench View Post
The G56 case will flex under high performance applications. Lazarsmith's Tork-Shield is a functional work of art which obviates case flex and can be installed with the transmission on or off the truck. Mike also offers custom internal modifications and enhancements according to your needs and budget. Check out the website or give him a call.
Agree that it is a worthy upgrade. Unfortunately it is a PITA to deal with when you need to work on the clutch or routine service the tranny!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
bdp

Name: bdp
Title: beans diesel performance
Member`s Gallery
If given a choice I would pick a ZF6 every time. I have utterly abused ZF6's in my pullin truck and the only thing thats ever failed is I sheard an output shaft once on super sticky track and tried to run high range. You will not ripp a gear out of one or flex the case or any of that nonsense. And if you get the later model 750 series they have a beefier output shaft as well. The zf6 in the truck right now is a 350,000+ mile trans with wore out syncros but once in gear on the track it just rocks on down the track.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
A friend of mine lost his oil cooler line on a zf6 and cooked it. He played hell finding one, the 2 tranny guys he talked to said they hardly ever see one come in for a rebuild so there aren't many cores around. That says something considering how long ford used them and how many are out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 11-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
TwoStroke

Name: TwoStroke
Title: Thompson Diesel
Member`s Gallery
4 yrs on a nv5600 in the puller....one broke input the first year. Has @60 hooks at 600hp, and 40+ hooks at 900+ hp. Busted 2 transfer cases but have yet to bust tranny. All stock too, no billet shafts. They are tough

Closed Thread