2nd Gen Rear Swap

Cozze44

Junkman
Rear blew up in my truck yesterday,:nail: wondering if anyone has, or how hard it would be to swap in a 3rd gen American rear?

Check your e-mail

My e-mail? Didnt get anything.

And just want to go with something a little tougher. Not sure if it would be better to go to a Dana 80, AM 10.5 inch, AM 11.5 inch, or just rebuild the Dana 70. Tryin to weigh the costs.

Dana 80 would be your cheapest route because it's a bolt in swap, you just need the correct yoke on your driveshaft.

Just got my D80 today, looks like it'll go right in. It looks like it will go right in, I won't have the rears next to each other until later tonight. It looks like I may need some bigger U bolts for the springs, and it looks like the cup spread and size are the same as my 70, just a beefier yoke. This is def a big unit! :rockwoot:

Got all the brakes changed over, had a local shop make some U-bolts. I notice the the nose of the pumpkin is about an inch longer, anybody able to get away with using the same drive shaft to do this? It looks like I should be able to move the center carrier far enough ahead to make it work with out getting the shaft shortened.

Back