water injection

GreenMeanie5.9

Poop Naked
OK guys I really need some advice or direction on what to do. I need a water kit for my truck and I have talked to snow and they said there regular kits work for a truck running up to 750hp.

they said they could maybe get me a kit to work for 1000 HP but with all the extra parts it was going to be close to 800$ and they weren't sure it was even going to work. And I don't want to spend that kind of money for something that "may" work

So what are my other options? Does anyone else make a kit worth buying?
Or is anyone running close to.1000 HP and running a regular snow kit and its working.

Anything would help thanks guys.

I've been shopping for my little truck...I really like the Alky Control kits. Sent them an email this afternoon to get their opinions.
May be worth looking into.

Anyone dealt with the devils own kit? The one unbroken posted about seems like a good kit. I couldn't find prices tho.

For 1000hp you're going to need more than an off-the-shelf WI kit pump can accomplish. You may need to run more than one pump in parallel and look into an accumulator.

What's the truck being used for? I"m running 2 coolingmist pumps set at 250psi and 2 625ml nozzles. It's barely enough. The lower pressure setups really take a hit when you put them between the turbo and the head, when they see 65psi it kills their volume. I've got one before the turbo and one after.

Simpson valve and nozzles, high pressure pump.

Last edited:
Scheid sells a kit, its more than what you were quoted by a few hundred but it will work for sure.

Sent from my fphone

The truck is being used for drag racing and street driving. Doesn't the scheid kit take away your vaccum pump? The scheid kit is what we have on our pro street truck.

And yes some explaining on the accumulator would be much appreciated.

The truck is being used for drag racing and street driving. Doesn't the scheid kit take away your vaccum pump? The scheid kit is what we have on our pro street truck.

And yes some explaining on the accumulator would be much appreciated.

Back in the day we use to run the hydro pumps off pickup dump trucks. same pump they use for electric steering. We would just use water soluble oil to keep the pump lubed. It will keep up with 6 nozzles. I want to say they will run at least 2500 psi

$300 and up to 3000 psi

Northern Tool

Last edited:
A ancient but reliable setup, is a ford 8N starter motor (because they have a long drive shaft sticking out of them) coupled to a pressure washer pump. Draws some amps but it can be turned on with a toggle or pressure switch when needed.

Explain the accumulator.

An accumulator is a storage tank with pressurized air bladder. It allows you to store a volume of fluid under pressure. Almost constant flow with minimal pressure drop, much better than multiple pumps.

I run 2 882cc Devils Own nozzles at around 800hp. Pump, nozzles, tubing, solenoids, hobbs swtiches and etc only cost me a few hundred or so. I run 2 stages @ 35psi and 70psi. For a 1000hp, you'll probably need 3 nozzles.

An accumulator is a storage tank with pressurized air bladder. It allows you to store a volume of fluid under pressure. Almost constant flow with minimal pressure drop, much better than multiple pumps.

I run 2 882cc Devils Own nozzles at around 800hp. Pump, nozzles, tubing, solenoids, hobbs swtiches and etc only cost me a few hundred or so. I run 2 stages @ 35psi and 70psi. For a 1000hp, you'll probably need 3 nozzles.

Hmmm, did you buy that as a kit?

I've been looking on and off for an electric clutch that I could drive a pressure washer pump with. Maybe put it where the second cp3 would sit, haven't really figured mounting out yet. But I planned on using a a cooling mist controller to turn the clutch on and off to control it. Should put out enough pressure or volume for anything.

Dockboy had a setup that was pretty sweet on his ford. I remembered he posted info about it a year or so ago. It was a nice looking an simple kit.

Also, what are your egt's that you want to manage? Would more turbo be cheaper?

Sent from my fphone

Man guys I appreciate all the help so far keep it coming. A lot if good ideas that I am going to look into.

I have a 75/87 1.0 charger from danville perdormance. Mark said that should be just fine.

And I'm not to concerned with staying at a certain temp. I just want it to stay cool enough that it won't destroy anything.

Hmmm, did you buy that as a kit?

No, parts came from Devils Own, Ebay, Amazon and ACE Hardware.

Nozzles $20 each, 250psi Shurflo Pump $120, Hobbs Switches $20 each, Solenoids $40 each, Tubing, connectors and etc was about $50. I'm in the process of doing an accumulator tank. That should total out around $100.

Back